Pegasystems named a leader in independent research firm’s digital process automation software evaluation
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – July 5, 2017 – Pegasystems Inc. (NASDAQ: PEGA), the software company empowering customer engagement at the world’s leading enterprises, today announced that Forrester Research has named Pega a leader in the latest The Forrester Wave™ report evaluating Digital Process Automation (DPA) solutions.
In the report, The Forrester Wave™: Digital Process Automation Software, Q3 2017 (1), Forrester states that DPA is an expansion from traditional BPM that emphasizes low-code development, consumer-grade user experiences, and AI-based innovation. Forrester evaluated Pega among 12 significant offerings across 30 separate criteria. Pega received the top ranking for current offering, as well as the highest possible scores in 20 of the 30 criteria including analytics, dynamic case management, collaborative modeling, business rules/modeling, mobile engagement, IoT support, life-cycle management, and digital workplace, among others.
Forrester notes in the report, “Aimed squarely at solving the most complex process challenges, Pegasystems offers a wide and deep set of capabilities including dynamic case management, robotic process automation (RPA), mobile applications, document management, a no-code development environment, and business decision management that includes machine learning to determine next best action.”
The report also states that, “When fully adopted by an enterprise, this approach creates a highly unified and agile architecture. Also, it’s important to note that Pegasystems has a long history of investment in the AI space: This is already evident in its platform, but it will pay off even more as AI becomes a core requirement for DPA.”
Forrester adds that Pega’s customer relationship management, sales and marketing automation, and call center software are “all based on the same consistent process platform that drives its DPA offering.”
Pega® Platform is an AI-powered, model-driven development environment for the Pega portfolio of business applications. It empowers businesspeople to create and evolve critical business systems, simplifying and automating operations to reduce costs and improve business agility. Built on Pega Platform, Pega’s unified suite of CRM applications, including Pega® Marketing, Pega® Sales Automation, and Pega® Customer Service, enable clients to anticipate customers’ changing needs in real time and provide personalized, intelligent recommendations throughout the customer journey.
Several leading analyst firms have recognized Pega as a leader in BPM and customer engagement solutions, including The Forrester Wave™: Real-Time Interaction Management, Q2 2017 (2); Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for CRM Customer Engagement Center (3); and Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Intelligent Business Process Management Suites (4).
Quotes & Commentary:
“As a longtime leader in BPM, Pega has transformed the space with its AI-based, agile architecture, unifying operational excellence with customer engagement to provide businesses with the ability to adapt quickly as needs change,” said Ying Chen, head of product marketing, Pega Platform, Office of the CTO, Pegasystems. “We believe this recognition from Forrester as a leader among DPA providers further solidifies both Pega’s deep history in BPM as well as its continued evolution of the industry, so businesses can solve the challenges they face today and in the future.”
- Report: The Forrester Wave™: Digital Process Automation, Q2 2017
- Product Background: Pega Platform
- News: Newly Enhanced Pega Platform Helps Businesses Build and Run Better Software
- Video: Build for Change: Unified Platform
- Forrester Research: The Forrester Wave™: “Digital Process Automation, Q2 2017,” Rob Koplowitz with Christopher Mines, Allison Vizgaitis, and Andrew Reese, July 5, 2017
- Forrester Research: The Forrester Wave™: “Real-Time Interaction Management, Q2 2017,” Rusty Warner with Mary Pilecki and Clare Garberg, June 6, 2017
- Gartner, Inc., “Magic Quadrant for the CRM Customer Engagement Center,” Michael Maoz, Brian Manusama, May 8, 2017
- Gartner, Inc., “Critical Capabilities for BPM-Platform-Based Case Management Frameworks,” Rob Dunie, Janelle B. Hill, November 3, 2016
- Forrester Research:; The Forrester Wave™: “CRM Suites for Enterprise Organizations, Q4 2016,” ;Kate Leggett, Stephen Powers, Mark Grannan, Sara Sjoblom, Chad Rafferty, and Peter Harrison, November 21, 2016
- Gartner, Inc., “Magic Quadrant for Intelligent Business Process Management Suites,” by Rob Dunie, W. Roy Schulte, Marc Kerremans, Michele Cantara, August 19, 2016;
VP, Corporate Communications
Director, Corporate Communications
Sr. Manager, Public Relations
Director, Corporate Communications
+44 (0) 118 9651 660
PR & Communications Manager
+44 (0) 118 9398 584