Robotic Process Automation
What is Robotic Automation?
Robotic automation is the application of software to automate tasks and processes otherwise performed by humans. Simply, robotic automation is software automating software. Software robots can fully automate essential business transactions through Robotic Process Automation (RPA) or optimize the way people work with Robotic Desktop Automation (RDA). The goal of robotic automation is an improved customer experience and operational excellence through increased efficiency, performance, and agility in the day-to-day activities across the enterprise.
Watch the live demo from PegaWorld 2016 featuring Kerim Akgonul, SVP of Products, and Damon Lockwood, VP of Engineering, Robotics and Workforce Intelligence.
See how Pega’s desktop automation solutions improved Customer Satisfaction Scores and lowered AHT for this leading North American business process outsourcing provider.
Robotic Process Automation & Desktop Automation
Organizations using Robotic Desktop Automation and Robotic Process Automation are realizing a faster and greater return on investment when a both are leveraged in the transformation journey. By removing lower value, repetitive activities from the desktop—such as application sign-on and call set-up—CSRs in your front office can focus on the customer and deliver exceptional service. In the back office, fully automating high-volume, rules-based processes to reduce costs, accelerate productivity, and decrease errors will free employees to perform higher-value work. Some key benefits customers experience with robotic automation:
- Optimize customer service processes by simplifying the desktop
- Orchestrate the customer journey by integrating customer channels, business data, and enterprise applications
- Enforce regulatory and service-level agreement compliance
- Provide flexibility to scale up or down as work is queued
- Improve agility and speed to market to meet changing business needs
- Enable 24x7 workflow processing.
Workforce Intelligence & Robotic Automation
Intelligence and robotic automation help enterprises maximize the value of their two biggest investments, people and technology, by understanding how users interact with applications. Pega robotic process automation, desktop automation, workforce intelligence, and case management together to enable more productive employees and a better customer experience. Unlike RPA-only solution providers, Pega offers end-to-end Robotics, CRM, and BPM for any digital enterprise, giving organizations the power to:
- Identify workflow inefficiencies: As a first step, businesses can quickly and more easily analyze their employee workflows to uncover processes that are causing disruption in customer experience, such as needless and error-prone data rekeying across different apps. This visibility helps pinpoint inefficient processes that could be prime candidates for robotics to digitally transform their operations.
- Automate desktop processes: CSRs suffering from application overload can now benefit from desktop applications operating in a single seamless process—moving data between applications where APIs don't exist. Solutions can be deployed in weeks, quickly simplifying the employee experience, which leads to a better customer experience.
- Reduce repetitive tasks: Outside of customer service, many high-volume, low-complexity tasks traditionally done by employees can now be automated without the need for human intervention. Robotic process automation enables these processes—from reviewing claim details to updating transaction systems—to be run unattended, further freeing representatives to meet the needs of their customers.
Pega provides the only software automation solution capable of simplifying desktops and boosting productivity while enabling full automation of end-to-end processes.