Cisco increases resolution speed by 70%
"Using data to drive your actions is going to be the path to help you stay ahead."
The Business Issue
KC Wu explains how Cisco is successfully riding the wave caused by rapidly changing business environments. Cisco has been the #1 networking company, and set out to transform itself into the #1 IT company. But in order to do that, it needed to be able to quickly evolve, adapt, and innovate – and maintain relevance in this global economy.
Different areas of the globe consume differently, interact differently, and have different legislations and policies in place. There is no one size fits all solution to help address this. Cisco needed to transform legacy systems into one large scale service that is easy to modify and upgrade.
According to Wu, the name of the game is agility and flexibility. Taking a service-oriented approach, looking at everything as a service, Cisco engaged Pega to build business rules plus business process management on top of Cisco’s own IT infrastructure. To date, two programs have been successfully developed using Pega:
- IT enablement platform: With a central repository in which all processes and rules are managed
- Global service supply chain: Swiftly adapts to changes in business strategy due to new and evolving customer and business needs
Cisco is now able to deliver on four different dimensions – productivity, experience, growth and speed – thanks to Pega technology. The Pega Rules Engine has enabled Cisco to grow in new markets by accounting for local policies, laws, and consumer preferences. With Pega, Cisco has also experienced:
- A seamless integration(and personalization) of processes and applications no matter how or where you are
- Greater self-sufficiency for business users with rules housed in central repository
- Improved user experience, and as a by-product, greater productivity
Cisco is planning to establish a Center of Excellence to provide consistency and guidance, and exploring the use of predictive real time, actionable analytics.