Pegasystems Brings Social Media Collaboration to Industry-Leading BPM Solution
CAMBRIDGE, MA – October 13, 2009 – Pegasystems Inc., (NASDAQ: PEGA), the leader in Business Process Management (BPM) software solutions, today announced enhanced ease of use and functionality to its social media and collaboration capabilities. Now, its industry-leading SmartBPM® not only enables process owners and clients, but also their customers, to share ideas and suggestions in real-time. Process discovery is accelerated, and teams work on process iterations more collaboratively and dynamically.
Pegasystems’ SmartBPM uses social media as an interactive and real-time collaborative environment to aid the planning and execution of business improvement projects. By extending is existing tools for ad hoc collaboration, SmartBPM makes it even easier for project teams to connect, add user-generated content, vote, and rank items associated with any given project. By reaching out to customers and clients, SmartBPM now allows critical real-time customer feedback into the process improvement process.
Highlights / Key Facts:
- Process Stickies, Wikis, and Chat – New, real-time, electronic process sticky notes offer a quick way to capture comments, issues, or new opportunity for improvements. Process wikis support group editing and consensus for collaborative discussion. Instant messaging chat brings multiple people into discussion threads within the context of SmartBPM solutions.
- Team News - Process participants can post and receive dynamic updates for project team members. Alerts, update notifications through familiar tools such as RSS Feeds, collaborative discussions, votes and polls help keep teams informed and focused.
- Collaboration on SmartBPM Resources - Adapters for popular collaboration tools to support long running processes. If teams are using tools such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or SharePoint, they can embed links to Pegasystems’ SmartBPM resources for expanded collaboration.
- Cloud-based collaboration - All the native collaboration capabilities in SmartBPM are available in the cloud-based SmartPaaS™ offering.
Dr. Setrag Khoshafian, Vice President of BPM Technology at Pegasystems:
“SmartBPM and social networking tools are completely complementary. On the one hand, SmartBPM provides the context for collaboration, both when building solutions, as well as when executing SmartBPM process applications. On the other hand, SmartBPM leverages social networking for collaborative improvement of BPM solutions.”
Kerim Akgonul, Senior Vice President of Products at Pegasystems:
“We are providing users the ability to use the same tools and functionality that they are comfortable using outside of the office. This will allow project teams and users with more effective and timely ways to communicate with each other.”
Janelle Hill, Research Vice President at Gartner:
“BPM initiatives can benefit by using social media to enhance collaboration among business and IT roles engaged in the act of composition as well as with customers, partners and other external stakeholders. This is important in all styles of process and especially important in unstructured processes. Extreme collaboration throughout the process improvement lifecycle - from discovery through optimization - in the context of now will contribute to higher process performance. Social media supports a complete, customer-in approach, delivering the voice of the customer back to those that need to hear it the most.”
Tags, Keywords: Pegasystems, PEGA, SmartBPM, Social Media, Collaboration, SmartPaaS, Business Process Management, BPM
- Social Media for SmartBPM Video Interview with Dr. Setrag Khoshafian
- Social Media for SmartBPM Video Interview with Kerim Akgonul
- White Paper: Social Networking for BPM
Pegasystems (NASDAQ: PEGA) develops strategic applications for marketing, sales, service, and operations. Pega’s applications streamline critical business operations, connect enterprises to their customers seamlessly in real-time across channels, and adapt to meet rapidly changing requirements. Pega’s Global 3000 customers include many of the world’s most sophisticated and successful enterprises. Pega’s applications, available in the cloud or on-premises, are built on its unified Pega 7 platform, which uses visual tools to easily extend and change applications to meet clients’ strategic business needs. Pega’s clients report that Pega gives them the fastest time to value, extremely rapid deployment, efficient re-use, and global scale. For more information, please visit us at www.pega.com.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The information contained in this press release is not a commitment, promise, or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described remains at the sole discretion of Pegasystems, Pegasystems specifically disclaims any liability with respect to this information.
Lisa Pintchman Rogers
VP, Corporate Communications
Director, Corporate Communications
Sr. Manager, Public Relations
Director, Corporate Communications
+44 (0) 118 9651 660
PR & Communications Manager
+44 (0) 118 9398 584
One Rogers St.
Cambridge, MA 02142
Phone +1 617-374-9600
Fax +1 617-374-9620