The high cost of failures and repairs – and the impacts of asset downtime – are issues that keep everyone awake at night. Things break. Parts wear out. Components fail. And when they do, it’s a scramble to fix them – and in the meantime, progress and productivity grind to a halt.
The alternative has long been to schedule Preventive Maintenance, where design and operations engineers suggest maintenance windows, and then machines and equipment are taken off-line, whether or not it’s truly necessary. Not only is this wasteful by performing maintenance when it’s not needed, but things break anyway. How often should you really change that pump motor?
This real-time prescriptive maintenance was a pipe-dream, until Pega brought together sensor data, event-streaming, in-memory databases and real-time analytics, and combined them with decisioning and workflow orchestration. Now, in one unified environment, Pega captures and triages sensor data, combines it with other event or reference information, recommends the right action and orchestrates the outcomes – enabling operations managers and engineers to prevent failures. With Pega, maintenance or manufacturing engineers can proactively dispatch the technician and make the fix — before the end-customer is even aware there is a problem.
Keep it running with Pega
Digital Prescriptive Maintenance (DPM) enables organizations to proactively optimize the cost and duty-cycle of devices and systems. Leveraging Pega's Decision Hub™ and Dynamic Case Management™, Pega maximizes the operational performance envelope by sensing conditions, analyzing and prescribing the next best action for prevention or repair, and even issuing automatic updates of embedded software. Pega makes all the proper notifications and even manages exceptions and escalations.
Digital Prescriptive Maintenance
With Pega, you have real-time prescriptive maintenance, delivered end-to-end through fully digitized processes. Key features and capabilities include:
- Gather telemetry and monitor events from any source which detect conditions that can indicate a failure or the potential for failure.
- Examine event streams in real-time to determine causal conditions.
- Apply statistical functions and tests in-line as events occur. Pega can import your analytical functions from any standard toolset, including R, SAS, SPSS and Minitab.
- Select the strategy that represents the highest statistical probability of success using Pega Decision Strategy Manager™.
- Orchestrate actions to achieve the desired outcomes using Dynamic Case Management™.
Pega Aftermarket and Pega Customer Service
You can naturally extend the power of Digital Prescriptive Maintenance with the capabilities of the Pega Aftermarket Service suite.