Siemens creates a seamless customer experience with master data management
Pega Global Master Data Management drives efficiency, end-to-end integration, and reduces cost of the overall process.
- Reduced process cycle time by 60 percent.
- Delivered end-to-end integration.
- Reduced manual processing and complexity.
- Improved data quality and reliability.
- Reduced IT maintenance cost.
The Business Issue
Siemens’ rapid growth led to a complex IT landscape with over 140 ERP systems, of which 70 were separate SAP instances. As part of its digital transformation strategy, Siemens wanted one globally consistent view of master data, available in real time, which would eliminate unnecessary variability and waste. This would allow for efficiencies and agility throughout operations, from the initial customer inquiry to the processing of the customer order, to procurement, and revenue consolidation. The vision was to build a structured Master Data Management layer to connect existing systems.
Instead of focusing on managing data in disparate systems, or ripping and replacing existing applications, Siemens selected Pega to digitize and lean its customer and employee touchpoints, while bridging systems, processes, and people at scale and in real time. For Siemens, Pega was the only vendor that could support and accompany them on their Global Master Data Management journey to consolidate a highly distributed system landscape into a single end-to-end, cost-effective, and agile platform.
The Siemens solution supports global business, compliance, and legal company requirements, while allowing for specialization at the local business level to meet complex customer requirements with agility.
Top outcomes included:
- Cost savings through streamlined digitized processes.
- Improved customer and employee collaboration.
- Risk mitigation related to potential claims, regulatory, and compliance requirements.
- Fewer manual tasks through standardization of 80 percent of common business processes.
- Automatic data validation at initial data entry points.
- Manufacturing & High Technology