How a leading luxury goods group is delivering high-quality goods and services - at scale
Migrated to Pega Infinity and leveraged Pega Cloud flexibility and agility
Launched and upgraded in just nine weeks
Achieved first migration ever of an on-premises customer using an MS SQL server
The Business Issue
This client is one of the leading luxury goods groups in the world. It decided to migrate from on-premises software to Pega Cloud® and Pega Infinity™ in order to provide the best products and services to global clients – quickly and at scale.
The client was using the Pega Platform™ on-premises for workflow-based use cases in areas such as master data management for new product process, product transformation (redesign of jewelry), and inventory processes. With support from Pega Consulting and partners, the company identified additional areas for improvement:
- Free capacity for maintenance of on-premises hardware setup
- Reduce total cost of ownership
- Deploy new functionality faster
- Upgrade to new Pega versions more easily
Within two weeks, Pega conducted a migration gap assessment to identify risks, application changes, and required integrations that would reduce risk for the project. The migration team performed the needed migration and update activities. Meanwhile, one of Pega’s Lead System Architects worked as a full-time resource to support the client with root-cause analysis of defects, guidance on application development/maintenance, and enablement on the new Pega Infinity features – all so the client teams could manage its applications in the different business units.
The migration project was completed in a span of nine weeks (excluding the gap assessment, VPC provisioning, and VPN setup).
By teaming up with Pega, the client was able to:
- Fully concentrate on the development of applications within different business units – without needing to worry about the operation of the on-premises platform.
- Develop better applications and use Pega Agile Studio as an agile project management tool, reducing project management efforts.
- Focus on application health and guardrail scores.
- Start using PDC to monitor the health of the solution.
- Utilize applications that are fully scalable in terms of performance on a global basis.
- Experience significant savings of around 30% on Pega-managed cloud upgrades, patching, and system monitoring.
- Get the latest and greatest features of the Pega Platform.
Without the right resources, cloud migration can be costly and time-consuming. Learn how Pega gets cloud migration right.
See how Pega provides cloud integration that is secure and drives business value.
Learn how Pega can help you choose the best cloud for you – so your business can build agility and adapt to change.