Customer Relationship Management
It’s Time to Get Customer Relationship Management Right
Customer relationship management is both more challenging than ever, and more important. For the typical business today, customer relationship management (CRM) must span multiple service channels and product lines, and keep pace with ever-changing competitive and regulatory environments. At the same time, because the internet makes it easy for dissatisfied customers to broadcast their grievances and to find alternative products and services, under-performance in customer relationship management translates very quickly to lost revenue. In today’s marketplace, businesses need to get customer relationship management right, or suffer the consequences.
Can you keep up with always-improving technology and ever-growing customer demands? See how CRM evolved helps your business do more, faster.
Customer service solution buyers report growing pressure from their colleagues utilizing Salesforce.com’s Sales Cloud to also adopt Service Cloud to offset price increases. Customer service professionals should, however, think twice.
Conventional CRM Systems Fall Short
The first generation of customer relationship management systems provided some degree of technological support for companies grappling with CRM challenges , but still left much to be desired. For example, conventional customer relationship management software suffers from significant execution gaps such as:
- Silos and handoffs — Traditional customer relationship management systems fail to bridge and sometimes even reinforce company divisions between business units, regions, marketing channels, and product lines. The result is “siloed” customer service that often frustrates customers as they’re handed off from division to division and agent to agent.
- Data-driven customer service — Conventional call center software tends to provide customer service reps with lots of data but little guidance on how to handle service issues. The result is guesswork, inconsistency, compliance failures – and substantial training investment aimed at mitigating these problems.
- Commodity services — For customer service managers using legacy CRM systems, it’s difficult to offer differentiated services based on product line or customer type, since to do so requires extensive programming work to build differentiation into the system, or extensive training so that CSRs can attempt to apply the service differentiation that the system lacks.
- Slow time-to-value — For business managers in a traditional customer relationship management environment, implementing new business objectives is a lengthy and costly software programming project.
How Pegasystems Revolutionizes Customer Relationship Management
Pegasystems, the recognized leader in business process management and CRM solutions, has revolutionized customer relationship management with a next-generation platform and CRM applications that deliver:
- Integrated, intelligent automation — Employing unmatched business rules sophistication, Pega CRM automates contact center solutions and service processes to a degree never before possible, minimizing the degree of manual work required and guiding the involvement of CSRs when their involvement is needed.
- Layered services — Leveraging a unique application creation and deployment framework, Pega customer service software supports a “layer cake” approach to services that establishes a foundational layer of company-wide processes and procedures, while also allowing the easy creation of segmented services for specific product lines, customer types, or pilot programs.
- Business change driven by business users — Pega CRM’s path-breaking automated programming technology empowers business users to quickly create new processes and services with minimal involvement from IT staff.
Named as a customer relationship management sector leader by Forrester and proven in deployments in some of the world’s largest corporations, Pega CRM can help you drive down costs, accelerate handling times, reduce errors, and increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Learn more about Pega CRM.