Digital Transformation Demand Increases Pega Cloud Revenue 56 percent in Q1 2021
- Total ACV grows 20 percent, powered by Pega Cloud Choice
- Pega Cloud ACV jumps 55 percent to $282 million
- Total Backlog increases 30 percent year over year
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — April 28, 2021 — Pegasystems Inc. (NASDAQ: PEGA), the software company that crushes business complexity, released its financial results for the first quarter of 2021.
“The pandemic clearly reaffirmed that organizations need to accelerate their digital transformation initiatives with low-code solutions. Our clients see this as improving time-to-market, time-to-value, and overall agility,” said Alan Trefler, founder and CEO, Pegasystems. “We expect clients will remain on their accelerated path, and we are well positioned to support those efforts. We’re excited to showcase many of our clients’ most recent digital transformation successes next week at PegaWorld.”
“We’ve reached a point in our cloud transition where subscription revenue growth aligns with total ACV growth,” said Ken Stillwell, COO and CFO, Pegasystems. “Total revenue grew 18 percent year over year and subscription revenue grew by 23 percent. This is a strong indication that our business strategy is working, and our cloud transition is progressing as planned.”
Quarterly conference call
A conference call and audio-only webcast will be conducted at 5:00 p.m. EDT on April 28, 2021.
Members of the public and investors are invited to join the call and participate in the question and answer session by dialing 1-866-548-4713 (domestic), 1-323-794-2093 (international), or via webcast (http://public.viavid.com/index.php?id=144131) by logging onto www.pega.com at least five minutes prior to the event's broadcast and clicking on the webcast icon in the Investors section.
A replay of the call will also be available on www.pega.com by clicking the Earnings Calls link in the Investors section.
Discussion of Non-GAAP financial measures
We believe that non-GAAP financial measures help investors understand our core operating results and prospects, consistent with how management measures and forecasts the Company’s performance without the effect of often one-time charges and other items outside our normal operations. The supplementary non-GAAP financial measures are not meant to be superior to, or a substitute for, results of operations prepared under U.S. GAAP.
A reconciliation of our Non-GAAP and GAAP measures is at the end of this release.
Certain statements in this press release may be "forward-looking statements” as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.
Words such as expects, anticipates, intends, plans, believes, will, could, should, estimates, may, targets, strategies, projects, forecasts, guidance, likely, and usually, or variations of such words and other similar expressions identify forward-looking statements, which are based on current expectations and assumptions.
Forward-looking statements deal with future events and are subject to risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, including, but not limited to:
- our future financial performance and business plans;
- the adequacy of our liquidity and capital resources;
- the continued payment of our quarterly dividends;
- the timing of revenue recognition;
- management of our transition to a more subscription-based business model;
- variation in demand for our products and services, including among clients in the public sector;
- the impact of actual or threatened public health emergencies, such as the Coronavirus (“COVID-19”);
- reliance on third-party service providers;
- compliance with our debt obligations and covenants;
- the potential impact of our convertible senior notes and Capped Call Transactions;
- reliance on key personnel;
- the relocation of our corporate headquarters;
- the continued uncertainties in the global economy;
- foreign currency exchange rates;
- the potential legal and financial liabilities and reputation damage due to cyber-attacks;
- security breaches and security flaws;
- our ability to protect our intellectual property rights and costs associated with defending such rights;
- our client retention rate;
- management of our growth.
These risks and others that may cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in such forward-looking statements are described further in Part I of our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2020, and other filings we make with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”). Except as required by applicable law, we do not undertake and expressly disclaim any obligation to update or revise these forward-looking statements publicly, whether as the result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
The forward-looking statements in this press release represent our views as of April 28, 2021.
Pega delivers innovative software that crushes business complexity. From maximizing customer lifetime value to streamlining service to boosting efficiency, we help the world’s leading brands solve problems fast and transform for tomorrow. Pega clients make better decisions and get work done with real-time AI and intelligent automation. And, since 1983, we’ve built our scalable architecture and low-code platform to stay ahead of rapid change. Our solutions save people time, so our clients’ employees and customers can get back to what matters most. For more information on Pegasystems (NASDAQ: PEGA) visit www.pega.com.
VP, Corporate Communications
Director, Corporate Communications
Sr. Manager, Public Relations
Director, Corporate Communications
+44 (0) 118 9651 660
PR & Communications Manager
+44 (0) 118 9398 584