American Express meets customer needs and triples satisfaction
Achieved 4x lower card member attrition
3x increase in customer satisfaction
Increased card member spend by 10%
"We set out to create an integrated solution that meets the needs of customers and exceeds their expectations."
The Business Issue
American Express recognized the state of its customer service was suffering. The company set out to create an integrated solution that could meet the needs of customers and exceed their expectations. American Express also wanted to be able to continue delivering local, personalized service to its customers despite being a large, global company. The brand called this new focus Relationship Care℠.
American Express enlisted Pega to help build a new end-to-end system, designed to provide excellent care for customers. The system was based on American Express’ new relationship servicing model, designed to build and deepen customer relationships by:
- Creating an integrated network to deliver service regardless of location
- Meeting customers’ unique needs
- Developing a culture defined by a passion to serve
American Express used Pega to develop actual solutions through business process management and knowledge management technology.
Focusing on the customer has paid off for American Express:
- Customer satisfaction has tripled.
- Expense and service margins have decreased.
- Customer handling time is lower for the best agents and the most satisfied customers.
- Card member spend has increased by 10%.
- Card member attrition is now 4x lower.