Rapid delivery with the Pega Customer Decision Hub
"Our successful and timely implementation was made possible by Pega’s steadfast partnership and its unique, extreme Agile approach."
– Large Canadian Bank
- Needed an accurate and efficient way to collect customer and program data from mobile and online banking channels in order to present customers with valid offers
- Delivered Next-Best-Action offers for both channels in just eight weeks
- Achieved a competitive advantage in the financial services space
The Business Issue
The bank was having a difficult time collecting accurate customer and program data from its online and mobile channels. Because of this, new and existing customers weren’t receiving contextually relevant offers.
The bank knew that it needed to implement four solutions – two for its online channel and two for its mobile channel – and it had to act fast. The challenge was presented to its incumbent solutions provider, but the provider lacked the expertise to handle a solution that needed to be responsive to rapidly changing market conditions. The incumbent provider also favored the waterfall approach, and the bank was looking to implement the solution in under 90 days.
The bank successfully created four Next-Best-Action offers for its online and mobile channels with Pega’s Customer Decision Hub in less than eight weeks. The rapid delivery was made possible through the use of Agile methodology, and the adoption of Pega recommended approaches like co-production, and multi-level governance. Co-production meant that the bank trained members of its own team to help build the application. By training members of its team to build Pega software, the bank got exactly what it wanted in the solution and it gained in-house Pega experts. Multi-level governance is essentially check-in meetings. By adopting multi-level governance, the bank committed various internal roles to meet with Pega on a weekly basis. At the meetings, the bank was able to give feedback and request adjustments, as needed.
- Customers can see the best offers and actions available to them
- Bank employees can quickly add and modify offers
- The bank can offer more products per customer
- Financial Services