Pega continues strong first-half momentum through Q2 2021
- Total ACV grows 22 percent, powered by Pega Cloud Choice
- Pega Cloud ACV grows 46 percent to over 300 million dollars
- Total Backlog increases 26 percent year over year to over 1 billion dollars
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — July 28, 2021 — Pegasystems Inc. (NASDAQ: PEGA), the software company that crushes business complexity, released its financial results for the second quarter of 2021.
"As parts of the world begin to emerge from the acute conditions of the pandemic, we continue to see digital transformation at the forefront of our clients' priorities,” said Alan Trefler, Founder and CEO, Pegasystems. "Clients understand the need for agility is more important than ever if they are going to thrive in an increasingly unpredictable world. Pega's low-code platform and outcome-centric approach to workflow maximizes flexibility while delivering tremendous value."
"I'm excited that annual contract value grew 22 percent year-over-year in the first half of 2021," said COO and CFO Ken Stillwell. "Pega Cloud continued to be the biggest contributor to ACV growth for the third consecutive year. Equally exciting, we grew sequential backlog and delivered the strongest revenue quarter in the company’s history.”
(1) For additional information, including a reconciliation of our Non-GAAP and GAAP measures, see the Schedules at the end of this release.
Quarterly conference call
A conference call and audio-only webcast will be conducted at 5:00 p.m. EDT on July 28, 2021.
Members of the public and investors are invited to join the call and participate in the question and answer session by dialing 1-866-548-4713 (domestic), 1-323-794-2093 (international), or via webcast (http://public.viavid.com/index.php?id=145675) by logging onto www.pega.com at least five minutes before the event's broadcast and clicking on the webcast icon in the Investors section.
Discussion of Non-GAAP financial measures
We believe that non-GAAP financial measures help investors understand our core operating results and prospects, consistent with how management measures and forecasts the Company’s performance without the effect of often one-time charges and other items outside our normal operations. The supplementary non-GAAP financial measures are not meant to be superior to, or a substitute for, results of operations prepared under U.S. GAAP.
A reconciliation of our Non-GAAP and GAAP measures is at the end of this release.
Certain statements in this press release may be "forward-looking statements” as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.
Words such as expects, anticipates, intends, plans, believes, will, could, should, estimates, may, targets, strategies, projects, forecasts, guidance, likely, and usually, or variations of such words and other similar expressions identify forward-looking statements, which are based on current expectations and assumptions.
Forward-looking statements deal with future events and are subject to risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, including, but not limited to:
- our future financial performance and business plans;
- the adequacy of our liquidity and capital resources;
- the continued payment of our quarterly dividends;
- the timing of revenue recognition;
- management of our transition to a more subscription-based business model;
- variation in demand for our products and services, including among clients in the public sector;
- the impact of actual or threatened public health emergencies, such as the Coronavirus (“COVID-19”);
- reliance on third-party service providers;
- compliance with our debt obligations and covenants;
- the potential impact of our convertible senior notes and Capped Call Transactions;
- reliance on key personnel;
- the relocation of our corporate headquarters;
- the continued uncertainties in the global economy;
- foreign currency exchange rates;
- the potential legal and financial liabilities and reputation damage due to cyber-attacks;
- security breaches and security flaws;
- our ability to protect our intellectual property rights and costs associated with defending such rights;
- our client retention rate; and
- management of our growth.
These risks and others that may cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in such forward-looking statements are described further in Part I of our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2020, and other filings we make with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”). Except as required by applicable law, we do not undertake and expressly disclaim any obligation to update or revise these forward-looking statements publicly, whether from new information, future events, or otherwise.
The forward-looking statements in this press release represent our views as of July 28, 2021.
VP, Corporate Communications
Director, Corporate Communications
Sr. Manager, Public Relations
Director, Corporate Communications
+44 (0) 118 9651 660
PR & Communications Manager
+44 (0) 118 9398 584