Shawbrook Bank improves processing time for unsecured loans by 75%
Sped up loan processing time by 75%
Improved the customer experience
Automated the end-to-end loan processing journey
"Pega was easily integrated into our existing technology stack, streamlining, and automating the journey. Our team is therefore able to provide our customers and colleagues with a simpler and more efficient experience."
The Business Issue
Shawbrook Bank has grown rapidly in the UK lending and deposits market over the past decade. The bank’s strategy combines technology and thoughtfully applied human touch to offer personalized lending and savings products to individuals, businesses, and real estate investors across the country.
As customer demands continue to grow, Shawbrook set out to redesign its end-to-end process for lending and deposits, creating highly automated customer and colleague journeys on the Pega Platform™.
Shawbrook Bank transformed its unsecured loans process by deploying the Pega Platform. Collaborating with partner Labb Consulting, the bank improved loan processing time by 75% – saving 1,500 hours monthly and enhancing customer experience.
Pega’s low-code capabilities automated administrative tasks, allowing underwriters to approve loans much faster. Now, the end-to-end loan journey is processed within Pega, while Shawbrook uses its own bespoke software for direct customer interactions.
Since automating its unsecured loan processing in Pega, Shawbrook Bank has achieved:
- 75% faster loan processing time
- 1,500 hours saved per month
- Reduced cost to the business by allowing colleagues to process an increased load of loan applications with the same resources
The next phase of Shawbrook’s journey with Pega will focus on achieving efficiencies in two additional aspects of its business:
- Reducing time spent processing “buy-to-let” mortgage applications from an initial letter of intent to full mortgage offer
- Digitizing end-to-end customer journeys and internal savings processes to speed up the time it takes for new and existing customers to open an account and make their first deposit