Pegasystems introduces Pega GDPR accelerator to help companies fast track regulatory readiness
Pega software empowers organizations to quickly close gaps in GDPR risk readiness
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – April 10, 2018 – Pegasystems Inc. (NASDAQ: PEGA), the software company empowering customer engagement at the world’s leading enterprises, today announced Pega® GDPR Accelerator – a set of customizable templates for Pega software that helps businesses accelerate compliance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
When GDPR becomes effective on May 25, EU residents will have unprecedented powers to view, limit, or even erase any information businesses collect about them. And the demand will likely be significant. According to a recent Pega study of 7,000 EU residents, 82 percent plan to exercise these new GDPR rights when the regulation goes into effect. But saddled with legacy systems, most global businesses are unprepared to track and gather this information on demand across their siloed organizations. This could result not only in the loss of valuable customer data but also massive fines of up to four percent of global revenue for non-compliance.
To address this extraordinary IT infrastructure challenge, Pega GDPR Accelerator provides a set of customizable GDPR templates and sample best practices extensions for Pega® Customer Service application and Pega® Platform users. These templates enable companies to quickly stand up an automated GDPR request portal that fetches customer data spread across the enterprise. Pega’s underlying digital process automation (DPA) software orchestrates these requests across highly dispersed global systems – even when no APIs are available. This allows businesses to manage GDPR-related requests with security and accountability while providing a full picture of their customer’s data.
With years of leadership in DPA, customer relationship management (CRM), and artificial intelligence (AI), Pega software is uniquely suited to handle the anticipated onslaught of GDPR-related consumer requests through these capabilities:
- Dynamic case management for rapidly establishing and orchestrating the GDPR processes that every business will need to enforce and audit across the enterprise.
- Pega® Workforce Intelligence to track workflows and identify inefficiencies in GDPR response processes.
- Pega® Robotic Automation to automate and streamline manual, repetitive tasks involved in GDPR compliance to save time and resources.
- Pega® Customer Decision Hub with AI to sense and mitigate customer dissatisfaction that could lead to future GDPR erasure events.
- Pega Customer Decision Hub’s T-Switch to empower businesses to control the level of transparency within their AI systems and ensure the logic behind each automated decision is explainable to GDPR regulators.
Pega offers the only GDPR solution that combines DPA and customer engagement software in one powerful unified offering. Powered by AI, Pega Customer Service empowers service agents with next-best action suggestions in real time to help provide exceptional customer experiences and avoid poor service that can trigger GDPR requests. Pega Customer Service is built on Pega Platform, the market-leading DPA software that connects disparate systems to drive operational excellence. These powerful capabilities can also support third-party CRM solutions that businesses may already have in place.
Pega software has been recognized as a Leader in numerous industry analyst reports for DPA and customer experience, including the latest Gartner Magic Quadrant for Intelligent Business Process Management Suites (1), The Forrester Wave™: Digital Process Automation Software (2), The Forrester Wave™: Real-Time Interaction Management, Q2 2017 (3), and the Gartner Magic Quadrant for CRM Customer Engagement Center (4).
Available today, Pega GDPR Accelerator can be downloaded for free by Pega Customer Service and Pega Platform customers on the Pega Exchange application marketplace at www.pdn.pega.com/exchange/components/pega-gdpr-accelerator. It will also be demonstrated at the PegaWorld user conference, to be held June 3-6 in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand.
For more information on how Pega is helping the world’s largest organizations prepare for GDPR, visit www.pega.com/gdpr.
Quotes & Commentary
“With consumers around the world concerned about data privacy issues, GDPR has the potential to be the biggest customer engagement test organizations will face in the foreseeable future. Time is running out to put the right strategies in place to be prepared,” said Jeff Nicholson, vice president, product marketing, CRM, Pegasystems. “Our history and leadership in digital process automation combined with industry-leading customer engagement solutions make Pega uniquely equipped to not only help our clients comply with these regulations but also to thrive in the face of these new challenges.”
- Software Download: Pega GDPR Accelerator
- Research report: GDPR - Show me the data
- Whitepaper: Taking on GDPR
- Whitepaper: GDPR: Risk, Revenue, and Reward
- Blog Post: GDPR is coming – are you ready?
- Gartner, Inc., “Magic Quadrant for Intelligent Business Process Management Suites,” by Rob Dunie, Marc Kerremans, Van L. Baker, Jason Wong, October 24, 2017
- Forrester Research: The Forrester Wave™: “Digital Process Automation, Q2 2017,” by Rob Koplowitz with Christopher Mines, Allison Vizgaitis, and Andrew Reese, July 5, 2017
- Forrester Research: The Forrester Wave™: “Real-Time Interaction Management, Q2 2017,” by Rusty Warner with Mary Pilecki and Clare Garberg, June 6, 2017
- Gartner, Inc., “Magic Quadrant for the CRM Customer Engagement Center,” by Michael Maoz, Brian Manusama, May 8, 2017
The information contained in this press release is not a commitment, promise, or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described remains at the sole discretion of Pegasystems, Pegasystems specifically disclaims any liability with respect to this information.
VP, Corporate Communications
Director, Corporate Communications
Sr. Manager, Public Relations
Director, Corporate Communications
+44 (0) 118 9651 660
PR & Communications Manager
+44 (0) 118 9398 584