For communications service providers selling complex bundles of services, order management processes shape customers’ first impressions of what it’s like to work with your organization. Order management failures can do lasting damage to new customer relationships and quickly undermine your customer retention objectives. In the worst cases, order fallout may lead to lost revenues or even lost customers.
Given the complexities and high stakes involved in telecom order management, some of the world’s largest service providers are turning to Pega business process management (BPM) technology to reinvent their order management processes and deliver a superior experience to customers.
Pega Order Management: Efficient, Transparent, and Agile
Pega for order management orchestrates the entire telecom ordering process from delivery of individualized offers based on real-time marketing analytics, to pricing and bid management, through to order capture and order fulfillment. Leveraging the market-leading Pega BPM platform, the Pega solution for telecom order management provides:
- Workflow automation within and across departments, including rules-based routing, prioritization, and escalation.
- Case management that delivers a single, complete view of a customer as well as drill-down to see how sub-processes are impacting the status of an order.
- Operational visibility across the entire order fulfillment system, as well as real-time reporting and notifications.
With Pega’s unique Build for Change® technology, business users can create and update business rules and automated process flows, without any coding. By putting process control in the hands of business users, Pega supports agile order management systems that can be quickly adapted to changes in company goals, the competitive landscape, or the regulatory environment.
Benefits of Pega Order Management
By using Pega BPM technology to power their order management systems, major telecom providers are
reaping measurable benefits including:
- Faster order cycle times and lower order fallout rates, resulting in higher customer satisfaction and reduced scope for churn management efforts.
- Reduced operating costs, as intelligent automation of order management eliminates labor-intensive processes and duplicative or unnecessary work.
- Faster time to market for new products, services, and promotions, as the order management system is easily updated to accommodate new initiatives.