Candidate Privacy Notice
Last updated 2 January 2024
Responsibility for your information
Pegasystems Inc. and Pega Government LLC are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
The types of information we hold about you
We collect, store and use the following categories of personal information about you during our recruitment process:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information
- The information you have provided to us in your CV/resume and covering letter
- Any additional information you provide to us in support of an application
- Information included in your profile created on our external careers site
- Information from interviews and screenings you may have
- Details of the type of role you are looking for, current salary (where relevant) and salary expectations, and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, or other job preferences
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks, including information provided by third parties
- Information relating to any previous recruitment and/or employment history with us
- If we offer you reimbursement of costs incurred by you in connection with the recruitment process and you accept such an offer - information necessary to execute such reimbursement;
- Information relevant to your right to work or being eligible for internship/traineeship, including nationality, or citizenship, for visa purposes
- CCTV footage when you are visiting our premises
- Information about your national origin, where relevant for visa purposes
- Medical or health information, where relevant
- Information about criminal convictions and offences where required for the role
- Security clearances held by you
- where needed, information regarding any professional certifications possessed by you
- Diversity monitoring related data if you choose to disclose it voluntarily with us and only to the extent allowed under the law.
We have collected the categories of personal information outlined in this notice in preceding (12) twelve months from our candidates.
How is your personal information collected?
We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
- You (the candidate)
- Our background check provider from whom we collect the following categories of data:
- Seven years’ activity history (including employment history)
- Address verification
- Professional qualifications history
- Driving license endorsements check (for roles in professional services, finance and legal in the UK only)
- Criminal history (generally back 7 years)
- Global Watchlist check (roles outside the UK only)
- Our recruitment service providers with whom we cooperate
- Your named referees, from whom we collect confirmation of your role and dates of employment
- Any external provider who advertises a role on our behalf
- Information about you, including your contact details, your profile and CV (if available) from the following publicly available sources: LinkedIn, No Fluff, Twitter, Glass Door and from regional job boards.
We may combine personal information received from above sources and use it and disclose it for the purposes described in section “How we will use the information about you” of this notice.
How we will use the information about you
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
We will use information about your disability status to consider whether we need to adjust the recruitment process
If you accept a role with us, the information collected during the recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
It is your responsibility to obtain consent from referees to the processing of their personal information before providing it to us.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application, we will not be able to take you forward in our recruitment process. For example, if we require a reference for this role and you fail to provide us with relevant details, we will not be able to take your candidacy further.
DISCOSURE OF DATA
Why might you disclose my data with third parties?
We will disclose (and we have disclosed during the past 12 months for our business purpose) your information as outlined in this notice with the following categories of recipients:
We may also be required to disclose your information to external third parties such as local labor authorities, courts and tribunals, regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies or government entities for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations or in response to legal process. For internship and traineeship opportunities we may also be required to disclose your data with relevant educational entities to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We do not disclose (and have not disclosed in past 12 months) your personal information to third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising.
We do not sell and have not sold in past 12 months (as defined under CCPA) your personal information to third parties.
Your responsibility to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your recruitment process with us.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under CCPA, subject to limitations set by this legislation, you have the right to:
Verification of Identity
We may need to ask for specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to exercise the rights you have requested.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact [email protected].
Status of and Changes to this notice
This notice does not form part of any employment contract or other contract to provide services. We may update this notice at any time and changes will appear on this page. This notice will be updated at least once every 12 months.