Verizon builds B2B-grade customer engagement platform with Pega’s AI decisioning
Improved sales processes to meet the needs of large accounts and SMBs
Partnered with Pega to build one of the first B2B grade customer engagement engines
Improved win rates and average handling times
“There are so many moments during a buyer’s journey where decisioning can be introduced and applied in unique and different ways. We built a dynamic proposition framework that can power this entire journey from the same Pega platform.”
The Business Issue
Verizon is the largest global provider of connectivity and enterprise solutions with a workforce of over 22,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of more than $31 billion. The B2B world presents unique challenges that make companies' needs, products, and solutions complex.
At Verizon, the sales process was traditionally not standardized and could vary from a six-month account-based marketing cycle to real-time transactional sales for small business customers.
One of the company’s guiding principles is meeting customers where they want to do business, creating solutions instead of offering products, and being the partner of choice on and above the network.
To meet this challenge, Verizon set out to build one of the first B2B-grade customer engagement engines.
Partnering with Pega, Verizon developed a customer engagement platform capable of bringing sales velocity to the front lines, leveraging AI-powered guided selling, and elevating the customer experience across digital and assisted interactions.
The team developed a single Next Best “X” (NBX) engine across five lines of business, integrated with more than 200 products and offers.
The project's implementation was broken down into the following three aspects:
- Decisioning as a service: Verizon took a customer journey approach while designing the solution, avoiding focusing on singular interactions. The company built a dynamic proposition framework that can power the entire journey from the same Pega platform code.
- Native experiences: For the solution to be effective, it needed to flow seamlessly into and across the tools and systems front-line workers and customers already used.
- Realtime marketing and sales insights: Verizon combined the power of its customer data platform and real-time decisioning to build a B2B Realtime marketing platform.
So far, Verizon has seen the following results:
- 2X improvement on attach rate for value-added services
- 15% improvement in win rate
- 41% adoption in customer loyalty programs
- 10-20% improvement in handling time reduction
Pega for communications
Drive loyalty with seamless, personalized experiences.
Explore five major trends that will change the way the communications industry works.
See how the company delivers best in class customer experience across channels.