Can your low-code app dev software really support digital transformation?
Low-code application development software supports two sets of users: business/power users looking for software that makes it visually easy to design and build simple applications; or IT departments looking for software that helps build out more complicated processes and integrations while assisting in operationalizing and automating the app development process. Each group of users faces different challenges:
- Business User Challenges: not fluent in programming language; ability to respond quickly to changing product, market, or campaign needs; wants accurate translation of business requirements into functioning capabilities; limited knowledge into governance, control, and policy management policies or guidelines.
- IT/Professional Developer User Challenges: modification of legacy systems; timely collaboration with stakeholders; project overload/limits on IT staff availability; software toolkits that limit collaboration; enterprise-wide governance
Low-code apps that offer a simplified, graphical UI commonly support limited functions and basic apps, but not complex enterprise app development. On the other hand, software that offers more advanced tooling is too complicated for the business user. And the majority of the low-code software in the market today is not adept at change management on an enterprise scale.
To win at low-code you need a strategy. An app factory strategy, to be exact.
Even with the right end-to-end low- or no-code software, proper strategy is required to ensure your business has the necessary tools and support, so IT can guarantee innovation and scale take place in a secure, compliant, and repeatable fashion. Building an app, whether it’s simple or complex, shouldn’t be a struggle. And consistency in the process and governance is key. That’s why Pega helps enterprises take an assembly line approach to development – we call it an “app factory” strategy that streamlines development – whether you’re building 1 app or 1,000.
A low-code app factory strategy leverages visual tools that allow business experts to rapidly build apps without writing code. At the same time it provides governance frameworks to leverage, reuse, and collaborate with IT to ensure security, quality, and sustainability. Some projects may start and remain small, delivering tactical solutions, while others may be more complex, spanning multiple products, departments, and geographies.
Delivering your first low-code project might not require a factory. In fact, it might just take a businessperson with an idea, a low-code tool like Pega, and a little bit of online training. To go from one-off success to repeatable and continuous transformation, however, requires best practices, the right expertise, business/IT collaboration, and a framework for reuse and scale.
That’s what building a low-code app factory for the enterprise is all about.
Pega’s model-driven tools will have your low-code factory primed for success.
Who better to help guide your low-code factory project than Pega – the recognized leader in software for digital transformation? Pega’s model-driven authoring tools are designed around a sustainable and scalable UX methodology to improve usability, efficiency, accuracy, consistency, and reuse to empower the successful execution of your project:
- Pega App Studio – Simplifies app building for business makers and developers alike. Work faster and smarter with reusable core components and a common visual development language.
- Multichannel support – Applications developed in Pega are automatically designed to run across a variety of channels and devices – from native mobile apps, to progressive web apps, to intelligent chatbots.
- Agile Workbench – Real-time, continuous feedback and collaboration platform for app development.
- DevOps – Constructed in close collaboration with clients like PayPal, Amazon, and Cisco, who have built extensive continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) capabilities for both Pega and their traditionally-coded applications.
- Integration Designer – A no-code, drag-and-drop approach to easily visualize, map, and manage all data sources and integrations in one place
Simplify collaborative app dev. Streamline the process. Start a low code app factory strategy today.
Come to PegaWorld and experience first-hand how Pega’s low-code app development platform is fostering collaboration, speeding innovation, and future-proofing operations. We invite you to:
- Attend a Spark Talk to discover the best way to leverage a visual, low-code platform and Agile methodology to help business developers, corporate IT, and professional developers collaborate and innovate.
- Learn how the Pega Infinity™ UX framework helps drive organizational efficiency and transparency during the app development process.
- Join our panel discussion to hear clients like UnitedHealthcare and Comerica Bank on what works best and lessons learned in implementing a low-code, rapid application development approach.
- Hear how Liberty Global is optimizing re-use as part of their agile app development approach to supporting all of their brands.
- See how CNO Financial Group leveraged Pega’s no-code environment to extend Pega’s out-of-the-box CRM platform and deliver a complete application in seven months.
- Join Anthem’s Director of IT and learn how to drive efficiency and reusability of multiple applications from development to deployment across a complex technology ecosystem.
- Get a sneak peek at Pega’s roadmap for no-code development, DevOps, mobility, cloud, security, and the Pega Platform™, plus engage with Pega’s product leadership about their vision for our core technology.
- Participate in a hands-on training session and learn how to quickly develop a minimum loveable product application using Pega’s App Studio functionality.
- Register for PegaWorld 2019 today!
- Get inspired – see the full event agenda.
- Get hands-on with Pega’s powerful technology at one of our on-site training classes.
- Jump start your digital transformation with the Pega Platform™.
- Learn how a design thinking approach helps speed innovation.
- Discover the digital tools revolutionizing customer engagement and enterprise operations in each industry.
- Watch highlights from last year’s event.
- Test-drive the power of Pega with a free 30-day trial.