Senior Cloud Security Architect
Meet Our Team:
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Do you crave the opportunity for interaction with senior and executive management, customers and architects while working for a company that is changing the way the world builds enterprise software? Cloud Security Architects at Pega work on many different challenging projects and have a wide array of responsibilities. Cloud Security Architects are working closely with other architects, engineers, and product managers to define the software architecture for new solutions and security processes associated with the cloud.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
The Cloud Security Architect will demonstrate a synergistic mixture of technology coupled with strategy, and function as a technical thought leader who expresses facts, thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise, convincing and organized manner, and who actively listens, absorbs, and comprehends contextual meaning and the intent. You will be close to technologies such as Trend, Tenable, Mend, Veracode, Netsparker, SD Elements, Splunk, Sailpoint, Okta as well with a wide variety of cloud technologies and providers like Kubernetes, AWS (e.g. Lambda, AWS WAF, Load balancers, EKS, VPC, Cognito, EC2, RDS, S3 and others), GCP (similar to AWS), Service Mesh, Opensearch, Cassandra, Kafka, Jenkins, MongoDB Atlas, Okta, Pega.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Work with product management to define, architect, prioritize, and deliver new software product features.
- Create high-level architectural specifications, ensuring functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms.
- Generate conceptual/logical architectures, and risk assessments.
- Work closely with internal and external customers to understand their needs and translate them into clearly defined requirements.
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies and determine applicability to current and future projects and markets.
- Create working prototypes of new cutting-edge product features and communicate the benefits to stakeholders and teams.
- Initiate and lead formal and informal reviews of ideas and technical objectives – promote ideas and practices which drive innovation.
- Communicate effectively with developers, product owners, Pegasystems leadership and others about project progress and risk, presenting alternative approaches and plans when appropriate.
- Review and develop business strategy and technical architecture for integration with third party technologies.
Who You Are:
You are an experienced results-oriented security architect who thrives in a dynamic, collaborative, team-oriented, and cross-functional environment. You are able to rapidly pick up new required skills, and you are passionate about security and learning new technologies. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly explain complex business and technical topics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
What You've Accomplished:
- Minimum 8 years of work experience, with ideally 4+ years of experience in designing software or security solutions as an Architect.
- Practical experience within application and IT security.
- Sound overview of security mechanisms and technologies of current cloud platforms incl. concepts of securing cloud environments and applications, perimeter protection, cloud service provider security services.
- Knowledge of current approaches for security testing (SAST, DAST, IAST, penetration testing).
- Insight into established security and data protection standards like ISO 27001, GDPR and HIPAA security rules.
- Experience managing or delivering product and/or projects to large-scale enterprises.
- Knowledge of identity and access management incl. access policies, access to tools, concepts of MFA, SSO, SAML, IdP.
Nice to have qualifications:
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM.
- Advanced proficiency in Kubernetes platform, demonstrating a deep understanding of its architecture and components.
- Good understanding of applications in clustered deployments and distributed systems.
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Continuous learning and career opportunities – internal and external training opportunities, area for own initiatives, Rotation Program.
- An inclusive, agile, and flexible work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other great things with us).
- Permanent agreement and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport, English & Polish lessons, Employee Assistance Program, and that’s not all).
- Flexible work mode: remote/hybrid/office. Our modern office is located in Krakow (Bonarka4Business Center). We hope you will enjoy Pega relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives soon!
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here or contact (US only) 1-888-PEGA-NOW and/or 225 Wyman Street Waltham, MA 02451 ATTN: Benefits.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice
Pegasystems Limited UK Gender Pay Gap Statement
EEO/AA Policy Statement
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Your Employee Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Rights