Business Rules Platform
Drive Business Agility with the Pega Business Rules Platform
A business rules platform, by separating business logic from your business applications and giving you centralized control over that logic, can increase your business process agility as well as improving coordination across systems. For true agility, it’s essential that the business rules platform enables business users to define and apply business rules with minimal involvement from over-stretched IT staff. It’s also imperative that the business rules platform be capable of fully capturing the complexity and nuance of your processes, policies, and procedures.
When the world’s leading corporations need business rules solutions to drive their business transformation or continuous process improvement programs, they turn to Pegasystems. Consistently identified by industry analysts as the leader in process management software, Pegasystems is the business rules platform provider for eight of the top ten global banks, seven of the top ten insurance companies, and four of the top five health insurance payers. Our high-performance business rules engine is available in a stand-alone business rules platform, or as a core component in our enterprise business process management platform.
Business Users Take Charge of Business Rules
The Pega business rules platform drives business agility by enabling business users to quickly translate shifting business objectives into dynamic rule-based process applications. Usability is a defining quality of the Pega rule platform, with features such as:
- Intuitive HTML forms for configuring and managing business rules.
- A Microsoft Visio front-end to graphically visualize and manage business workflow and links between rules and applications.
- Built-in mechanisms for rule review and approval.
- Audit trail creation for all changes.
- Automatic generation of documentation.
Business Rules as Dynamic as Your Business
The Pega business rules platform delivers the most robust and flexible business rules support on the market, including:
- Process rules that automate all facets of workflow management.
- A wide range of decisioning rule types, including decision trees, decision tables, and decision maps.
- Declarative rules that compute values based on changes in other values.
- Data transformation rules that enable data to be passed across dissimilar IT systems.
- Integration rules that determine the appropriate system to invoke in each circumstance.
- Forward and backward chaining.
The Pega business rules platform is built on open standards and easily integrates with your existing IT infrastructure. Built for enterprise scalability, the Pega rules platform drives process applications in some of the world’s largest and most dynamic organizations.
Learn more about the Pega business rules platform.