Professional certification program
Our professional certification program has been established to attest that qualified individuals have the appropriate skills and body of knowledge to be a primary contributor for a successful implementation and roll-out of Pega’s products.
Pega Academy has created a worldwide community of thousands of Pega certified professionals who share a commitment to excel in their ability to optimize the value of the Pega platform. Based on your interest, role or career path, you can register for any of our exams and become a part of our growing professional community.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about:
- Certification Benefits
- Exam Registration and Locations
- General Exam Information
- Exam Policy Questions
- Certification Verification, Certificate, and Transcript Questions
- Certified System Architect (CSA) Questions
- Certified Senior System Architect (CSSA) Questions
- Certified Lead System Architect (CLSA) Questions
- Other Questions
Conduct and Confidentiality Agreements
Candidates must take no action to compromise the integrity or confidentiality of any Pega certification exam or certification program. Prohibited actions are described in the Pega Terms of Participation agreement. Penalties for violating the policy can include revoking of certifications, as well as a lifetime ban on all future exams.
You will find registration and exam information easily accessible at vue.com/Pega. This site offers several certification-based tools including:
Pegasystems, in its sole discretion, shall determine whether an applicant has met the requirements for certification. Pegasystems shall be entitled to cancel your certification or ban you from taking an exam in the event that:
- You commit any breach of the testing agreement
- You fail to comply with any recertification requirements that may be imposed by Pegasystems to ensure that your skill set is up-to-date
- You fail to maintain the confidentiality of the exam by disclosing verbally, in writing, or in any media, the contents of the exam or any part of the exam
- Any information provided by you in connection with the Certification Program is determined to be false or misleading
- You are determined to have cheated, or assisted another in cheating on any exam associated with the Certification Program
Exam Passing Scores
Pega regularly publishes new versions of its certification exams. These versions may fluctuate in level of difficulty as questions are updated or as certification requirements evolve. Consistent with industry certification best practices, when a new version of an exam is launched, the passing score is reviewed and modified as needed. As a result, passing scores are subject to change without notice. For example, exams that previously contained knowledge retention-based questions are modified to contain knowledge application-based questions. In this scenario, the exam passing score s recalculated using statistical analysis to reflect the change in question type and difficulty level.
Exam passing scores can be found on each exam blueprint.
Exam Retake Policy
- Candidates who fail an exam must wait a period of three (3) calendar days before they may retest for the same exam
- Candidates who wish to take a third attempt must wait a period of fourteen (14) calendar days after the second failed attempt
- Each exam may be taken a total of three (3) times in a 12-month period. The 12-month period starts from the date the first exam is taken. For example, if the first exam is taken on May 1, 2014, a candidate may take the same exam two (2) more times before May 1, 2015
- A fourth attempt can be scheduled one (1) year from the first attempt
- You must pay the full exam fee each time you take the exam
Exam Rescheduling Policy
If you need to reschedule your exam, you must contact Pearson Vue at least one (1) business day prior to your exam appointment. Refunds are granted when you reschedule your exam with at least 24-hour notice. No other refund requests are granted.
Rescheduling your exam less than 24 hours prior to your exam appointment is subject to a same-day forfeit exam fee.
Exam Cancelation Policy
If you need to cancel your exam, you must contact Pearson Vue one (1) business day prior to your exam appointment. Refunds are granted when you cancel your exam with at least 24-hour notice. No other refund requests are granted.
Canceling your exam less than 24 hours prior is subject to a same-day forfeit exam fee. The same forfeit exam fee applies to exam candidates who do not show up for the exam at their registered time.
Exam Refund Policy
Refunds are granted when you cancel your exam with at least 24-hour notice. No other refund requests are granted.
Pegasystems does not publicly publish the names or scores of those who have been certified. For information regarding certification status, contact [email protected].
Please note that Pega Certification will only provide pass/fail statuses. Scores and test domain breakdowns will not be provided.
If you have a PDN account, you can verify Pega certification using our Verify Certification page.
Other Policy Questions
Please contact [email protected].
Our learning and certification paths are designed around roles and responsibilities. This ensures that Pega certified professionals learn practical skills that can be directly applied to real-world environments and scenarios.