Principal Software Engineer
Meet Our Team:
Helping clients improve their customer and employee experiences, while reducing their operating costs, is core to Pega’s strategy. Knowing where and how to make improvements is critical for success. Workforce Intelligence’s unique AI powered service identifies and prioritizes improvement opportunities for our clients and drives radiation of Pega products. We design, develop, deploy, support, and operate the Workforce Intelligence SaaS offering. Workforce Intelligence analyses employee desktop activity to surface actionable process optimizations. We use robots to collect and transmit the desktop activity to our cloud. AI is applied to determine the best opportunities for improvements. We offer specific recommendations to the business, which include automation opportunities, process improvements, technology refreshes, and coaching.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role, you’ll help us design and build features which will enhance capabilities of our products and solutions. This is your opportunity to be part of a highly engaged, creative, and vibrant team to get your hands-on leading technologies to solve interesting customers problems.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Leverage best in class technologies to drive the conversion of requirements into feature design, its implementation, testing, deployment, and support.
- Work as part of a collaborative Agile team working in a SCRUM model surrounded by fun loving talented engineers.
- Ready to learn and explore Pegasystems technology. You are expected to think independently, but also must value teamwork as they design and develop first-rate software in a collaborative setting.
- 60% Feature development
- 40% Software Design
Who You Are:
A result oriented individual, focused on delivering results not just activities, with the ability to identify, analyse, and solve problems. He/she is and able to make sound decisions and act as a role model for the team
- 6-8 years of development experience preferably in a product development company.
- BE or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Strong knowledge on NodeJs backend
- Strong knowledge on AWS infrastructure and application architecture.
- Good knowledge core Java fundamentals like Multithreading, Collections, Exception Handling, Generics etc.
- Proficiency with OOPs, Java, and XML.
- Need to be strong in Data Structures, Algorithms and Design Patterns.
- Strong Knowledge of RDBMS and SQL experience and having modern age data bases like Postgres is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge in noSQL dbs like ElasticSearch.
- Experience in handling JSON data is plus
- Exposure to REST services: both producing and consuming.
- Exposure to SOA and JEE enterprise solution implementations.
What You've Accomplished:
- Proficiency in designing and building applications.
- Partner with internal clients, like Product Managers, to align business goals with implementation results.
- Leading the development tasks independently with highest quality of work
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.