Senior Search Engineer
Meet Our Team:
The Digital team at Pegasystems creates, maintains and continuously improves the websites that help people learn, sell and buy Pega applications. The multiple digital properties we work on span internal and external audiences across offices in North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is seeking a senior software developer with 5+ years of experience building and optimizing web applications and backend web APIs. Specifically, we are seeking a solid technical skillset in implementing search within the enterprise or a large organization. Our web applications Drupal and MediaWiki use various data storage technologies, including MySQL, Elasticsearch, Apache Solr, and must also interface with SharePoint service. Experience adapting and integrating various web APIs is required.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Implement state-of-the-art Enterprise Search solutions using Apache Solr and AWS Elasticsearch and the ELK stack using the standards and best practices of the Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene open-source software community.
- Design, build and maintain an enterprise-wide federated search & analytics infrastructure.
- Apply data mining, NLP, and machine learning (both supervised and unsupervised) to improve relevance and personalization algorithms.
- Construct scalable and reliable workflows that efficiently process big datasets.
- Working with a cross-functional team, help develop enterprise-wide content discoverability strategy.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate should be an intelligent, motivated, and accomplished search engineer who has a track record of implementing search solutions in cloud enterprise environments where scalability, availability and security are required.
What You've Accomplished:
- Experience implementing Elasticsearch/Solr/Lucene at scale in an enterprise or very large organization or non-profit org.
- Experience with search, Information retrieval, and ranking.
- Experience implementing API and microservices.
- Experience shipping high-quality features on schedule.
- Experience building large scale distributed systems.
- Experience implementing projects with multiple dependencies.
- Experience with machine learning and learn-to-rank algorithms.
- Experience with implementing scalable production services with strict SLAs.
- Experience with developing complex software systems scaling to thousands of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
- Experience with large-scale distributed search and storage systems (e.g. Any one of Elasticsearch/Apache Lucene/Apache Solr).
- Ability to decompose complex business problems
- At least five (5) years of software engineering experience
- BS or MS in Computer/Information Science or Engineering or other technical disciplines.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.