As an Application Engineer you will work in the team responsible for developing Pega’s Application Management (PAM) applications leveraging the Pega platform, with main focus on Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud (PDC). Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud (PDC) is a SaaS-based performance management solution that helps Pega customers identify and correct system health issues before they impact the business. Pega PDC complements traditional Application Performance Management solutions by prioritizing the issues that matter most to your Pega applications' speed and reliability and recommending specific actions to correct them. The PAM product suite is designed to be run in a SaaS model on Pega Cloud (hosted on AWS). It is upgraded to a new version regularly (usually every 1 week) as the development team delivers new product changes.
Application Engineer at Pega is bright, technically-minded, and have strong analytical skills. In the fast-paced, collaborative environment that the PAM area offers, you are able to apply innovative ideas to solve complex problems, presenting strong SaaS thinking.
- Actively participate in design and development of the Pega’s PAM product suite leveraging Pega platform as the development framework
- Leverage business expertise and use rigorous logic and creative methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Actively participates in the Scrum/DevOps processes used to develop solutions,
- Support customers by providing technical guidance. Help our operations team maintain and run PDC – Pega’s SaaS PAM product hosted on AWS
You are an Application Engineer learning and using technology in your day to day work. You are expected to be focused on delivering exceptional quality, communicate and cooperate well within an agile team, highly motivated and able to shift directions quickly when priorities change. You are able to adopt, develop best practices, think through problems, come up with innovative solutions and work effectively under pressure.
- Required qualifications:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in a technical field
- Experience in development of Enterprise Applications
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming such as Java or C#
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Good English spoken and written communication
- Desired qualifications:
- Experience with integration technologies and database applications such as, but not limited to: REST, SOAP, PostgreSQL, NoSQL Databases
- Working experience with Linux
- Knowledge of Git, Docker, AWS
- Working experience in an agile/scrum team environment
- Opportunity to learn and get certified in AWS
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs
- Many opportunities of development – an extensive on-boarding training, budget for conferences, area for own training initiatives, possibilities of working in other global offices for a few weeks
- Attractive salary and benefits package (Medical Care, Group Insurance, Multisport Card, English lessons, and many more)
- Working in a friendly atmosphere in an international environment with flexible working hours - in a very hi-tech new office with chillout and games rooms
- Feeling the power of social spirit – we support many team and sports initiatives
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.