Senior Software Quality Test Engineer
Meet Our Team:
As a member of an innovative team of IT professionals, you will work closely with talented engineers and product owners across the globe to build and deploy enterprise applications that are used to run our business internally at Pega. The IT QA team plays an important role in helping Pega to grow by partnering with the business to roll out high quality, scalable, enterprise applications for internal teams (Finance, Legal, Sales, Marketing, Consulting, HR, Order Management, IT), external stakeholders, clients and partners. We strive for excellence and embrace agile methodologies to achieve it.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role - The Software Quality Test Engineer will be a member of the IT QA teams. You will provide testing services for a Center of Excellence SCRUM team in one of Pegasystems’ internal departments. And you will be responsible for creating test plans, test cases, regression test suites, creating automated tests and take ownership for the overall quality of the products. You will also work collaboratively with the QA lead, technical lead, software engineers, product owners and business users to develop quality application
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Work collaboratively with team members to design, develop, test and document high quality test specifications
- Demonstrates best practices in functional and automated testing
- Provide technical assistance to advance the capabilities of products and resolve issues
- Leverage your advanced Pega knowledge to identify, investigate and report product defects
- Ability to collaborate with the Product Owner to understand use cases and effectively design a solution to satisfy use cases
- Ability to work across teams and communicate priorities effectively
- Ability to provide constructive feedback during code reviews, retrospectives, design reviews, etc.
- Strong desire for product quality and understanding of test strategy and methodology; ability to communicate test strategy effectively across teams
Who You Are:
- You are passionate about test automation and code quality and eager to develop your skills within an enterprise environment while working with an industry leading product.
- You have practical knowledge of software testing best practices, testing terminologies, and writing test automations with at least one technology.
- You think outside the box and use your experience for more effective collaboration.
- You are competent in test planning along with identifying, documenting, and executing test cases.
- You are also competent with debugging the test failures.
- You have basic skills required to technically lead QA testing of projects at a team level.
- You share your updates, ideas and plans competently through verbal and written communications. Attention to detail is your proficiency.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline / BE/B. Tech or Equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience developing test plans from use cases
- Practical knowledge of software testing best practices
- Software test experience with Java, Selenium, TestNG, or other technologies
- Exposure to Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience in testing mobile applications, web applications, UI, applets, client/server, portals or warehousing
- Experience testing RESTful/SOAP APIs
- Experience testing reporting tools such Power BI / Tableau
- Experience writing advanced SQL queries.
- Troubleshooting, debugging and reverse-engineering skills
- Experience with modern scripting languages (Shell, Python, Perl) will be an added advantage
- Agile/Scrum development methodology experience
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay and bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
- The opportunity to make a tangible impact on Pega's business operations and ability to scale
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.