Principal Security Engineer
Meet Our Team:
• We are global Incident Response and Security Services Organization
• We respond to security incidents, design and deploy security solutions to meet ever changing requirements of our fast growing company
• We are invested in professional growth of our team members and provide appropriate training and mentorship
• Our pace is fast, we continuously adapt our program according to regulations, business goals, and security threats
Picture Yourself at Pega:
What You'll Do at Pega:
• Maintain and extend capabilities of information security infrastructure and incident response
• Test the efficacy of prevention, detection, and response cybersecurity controls by conducting red team exercises and recommend improvements
• Select, evaluate and deploy security products and/or enhancements to the existing security solutions to ensure continuous improvement of corporate security posture
Who You Are:
• A strong work ethic coupled with a sense of responsibility and a "do what it takes to get the job done" attitude
•Strong analytical writing skills to articulate complex ideas clearly and effectively
Strong communication skills such as planning and leading effective meetings, interpersonal and negotiation skills, and presenting to a variety of audiences
•Excellent organization skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
•Team player with proven ability to work effectively with other business units, IT management and staff, vendors, and customers
•Ability to present complex ideas and solutions in user-friendly (orbusiness-friendly) language
•Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
•Ability to think both tactically and strategically
What You've Accomplished:
•7+ years of work experience in information security, including experience with compliance and risk management; technology design, security engineering, and security analytics background
• 1+ years of team leading or mentoring experience
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environmen
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification in good standing.
• Experience with GRC or related information risk management tools
• Hands-on experience with incident response and forensics products
•Solid experience in enterprise security architecture design
•Strong knowledge of operating systems –MacOSX, Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS
•Hands-on knowledge of infrastructure security controls –firewalls, web proxies, network-admission control products, etc.
•Working knowledge of end-point security controls –anti-virus, host intrusion prevention systems, host firewalls, Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) solutions, etc.
•Hands-on knowledge of vulnerability assessment products and penetration testing tools and frameworks
Pega Offers You:
Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
Continuous learning and development opportunities
An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay and bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.