Cloud Development Engineer, Decisioning Data
Meet Our Team:
Thousands of real-time decisions per second make you smile? Are you passionate about using cloud technologies to build highly scalable services? Join us and help in building cloud infrastructure for a customer engagement platform focusing on components for managing and storing data needed for fast, real-time, AI-driven decisioning.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
By joining our team, you will participate in the development of the Pega Customer Decision Hub platform, which was evaluated by Forrester as the best Real-Time Interaction Management software in the world. It leverages big data analysis and artificial intelligence (AI) to allow companies to anticipate customer needs, predicts their behavior, and, ultimately, improve their engagement. The technology includes: Java, Python, Go, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Helm, Istio, Prometheus, AWS, GCP.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Work collaboratively to design, develop, test, and document new cloud-based components and services,
- Build products that can be easily consumed in a CI/CD model in an Agile work environment,
- Support our transformation to as-a-service,
- Identify, learn, and incorporate new technologies and methodologies into existing infrastructure and team development processes.
Who You Are:
You are an effective communicator and collaborator, demonstrating autonomy and initiative at work.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field,
- At least 2 years of experience in IT,
- Solid knowledge of one or more general-purpose programming languages including, but not limited to: Java, Python,
- GCP/AWS cloud skills or similar,
- Knowledge of Unix systems along with container technologies (Docker),
- Very good command of English (both written and spoken).
It would be an asset if you have experience with or knowledge of the following:
- NoSQL database (Cassandra, DynamoDB, or others),
- DevOps + Agile + MVP methodologies,
- Micro-services and Stateless Architectures,
- CKA (Certified Kubernetes Administrator) or CKAD (Certified Kubernetes Application Developer) certification.
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for designing and developing of new ideas and features.
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales, and performs.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes, and lead from the front.
- Continuous learning and career opportunities – internal and external training opportunities, area for own initiatives.
- An inclusive, agile, and flexible work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other great things with us).
- Permanent agreement and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport, English & Polish lessons, Employee Assistance Program, and that’s not all).
- Flexible work mode: hybrid (min. 1 day per 2 weeks)/office. Our modern office is located in Krakow (Bonarka4Business Center). We hope you will enjoy Pega relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives soon!
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.