Associate Financial Analyst
Meet Our Team:
As a key contributor to Pega’s Finance team, you will report into our Senior Manager of FP&A and work alongside a well-rounded team of finance professionals supporting our Go to Market team. This is an ideal role for an entry level accountant who is looking to transition into an FP&A role.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role, you will be supporting Pega’s Go to Market organization on a day-to-day basis. You will develop relationships across the organization that you can leverage to support the Corporate budgeting and forecasting process to help enhance the measurements of Pega’s financial performance. This is your chance to join a world class finance group and be able to apply your Accounting background into an FP&A role while advancing your career.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Ensure accuracy and predictability of financial results and key metrics, providing accurate consolidated financial forecasts and actionable reporting; be willing to dive into accounting and forecast details when needed.
- Primary responsibility for managing headcount and expense management.
- Review and analyze monthly forecasts, actuals and plan variances to identify trends and potential action items for management.
- Support the Corporate budgeting and forecasting process to help enhance the measurements of Pega’s financial performance.
- Responsible for monthly expense analysis and associated journal entries for accruals and reclasses.
- Be a fully engaged business partner to the Go to Market Organization, offering business guidance and advice through financial analysis.
- Partner with procurement team and business to ensure accuracy of purchase orders on an ongoing basis.
Who You Are:
You are a results-oriented professional that enjoys helping plan and manage a business and solve complex problems. The ideal candidate will be hard working, detail-oriented, and possess a strong problem-solving orientation and a helpful attitude.
- You have been a key contributor to senior executives on operating issues.
- Partnered with various business units to provide financial analysis to reach critical business decisions.
- Successfully worked with a cross functional team juggling numerous priorities.
What You've Accomplished:
- BS/BA in Accounting/Finance
- 0-2+ years of experience in FP&A, public accounting, or industry accounting
- Strong understanding of, or experience with, GAAP financial reporting and accrual accounting
- Experience with P&L analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with MS Office tools, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with SAP, Adaptive Insights and PowerBI, preferred
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.