Principal Compliance Assessor, Business Continuity
Meet Our Team:
Our cyber security and compliance teams face off against the bad guys every day, and every day there is a new threat, a new opening that must be guarded and remediated. The team develops processes, procedures, and policies required for the prolonged protection of both our and our customers assets. We assemble strong, innovative, multi-disciplinary teams to address contemporary and future cybersecurity or privacy challenges faced by our government and industry clients.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega’s products span a wide variety of industries and customers. As the Principal Compliance Assessor for Security & Compliance, you will work cross-functionally with teams and SMEs from IT, Cloud and other business units to ensure resiliency and information security initiatives are tracked and completed. You will ensure that there is consistent and clear communication with all stakeholders regarding expectations around continuity and crisis management control frameworks.
What You'll Do at Pega:
You will be the Principal Compliance Assessor for Information Security and Compliance audits and assessments. You will drive continuous evolution of organizational resilience through strategic guidance and thoughtful execution of business continuity and crisis management best practices. You will be responsible for compliance assessment of a business continuity management program. You will Identify potential BC/DR risks and develop/implement strategies to minimize impact from required security frameworks. You will also attend information security and compliance planning and status meetings.
• Assist Pega in obtaining and maintaining an ISO 22301 certifications
• Assess cross-functional crisis management, business continuity, and disaster recovery team activities
• Conduct business impact analyses, risk assessments, strategy development, and document business continuity plans
• Drive continuous program improvement aimed at enhancing resiliency
• Develop resiliency metrics and reports for varied audiences
• Provide consultation on vendor contracts and audits
• Partner with internal stakeholders to rapidly resolve resiliency risks
• Conduct continuity testing and compliance tabletop exercises
• Perform Administrator activities and interact with business continuity software vendor
• Plan, prepare for, and support all compliance related initiatives for certifications (ISO27001, PCI, SOX, etc.)
• Stay abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrate knowledge gained into current workplace practices.
• Previous experience with obtaining ISO 22301 certification for cloud-based services
• Previous experience with AWS Cloud security
Who You Are:
You are a confident and experienced Continuity Assessor with a passion for business continuity, security and compliance (6+ years of emergency management, continuity, or physical security experience). You have a voice and an opinion which helps you drive key decisions and ensures project execution. You are a strategic thinker who understands inter-dependencies and knows how to address real issues. You enjoy documenting and socializing project success stories and lessons learned with stakeholders to highlight success stories and opportunities for improvement.
What You've Accomplished:
• You have knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact the area of resiliency, continuity, and physical security
• Successful career history of project deliverables and milestones: on time/within budget and meeting business continuity and compliance needs, working independently or with cross-functional teams
• Skilled at gaining cooperation from others, accomplishing tasks and goals while consistently seeking to obtain win-win situations
• You enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment while managing multiple, cross-functional projects at once
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to translate complex concepts into concrete actions
• Strong knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
• Experience with business continuity planning software implementation and administration. Experience Continuity Logic software strongly desired.
• Proactively and effectively drive and communicate standards requirements to a wider organization
• Professional certification, CBCP, MCPC, CBCI, or MBCI preferred
• US Government clearance, or ability to achieve clearance
• Experience with NIST 800-53, PCI, ISO, FedRAMP audit controls and procedures
• Previous experience with AWS Cloud security
Pega Offers You:
• Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
• Continuous learning and development opportunities
• An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
• Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.