Backend Services Software Engineer Spring Intern
Meet Our Team:
The backend teams at Pega gather Kotlin, Java, iOS, and Android specialists working for our biggest and most prestigious clients. We do our best to develop, enable, and improve the usage of core elements of Pega Platform™ both on the server side and on mobile devices. Our feature design leverages standard solutions by assuming the possibility of working without an active network connection (offline mode). The team focuses on the technology’s flexibility to provide our clients with the best quality of services.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
You will participate in the development of thoughtful designs and in applying technologies to develop the best technical solutions. Our goal is to provide you with work experience that will help you learn new skills and improve your current ones, jumpstarting your career!
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Work with technologies such as Kotlin (Android, server, and iOS), and Java (server), as well as learning and exploring Pegasystems technology,
- You will be part of our technical culture with a high level of test coverage and a collaborative, agile environment,
- Take part in everyday team duties, perform assigned tasks with the help of more experienced team members, with an opportunity to propose other improvements,
- Provide technical help to advance the capabilities of products and resolve complex issues.
Who You Are:
You are at least a third-year of Computer Science (or related) student. A bright fast learner, passionate about software development, and you would like to engage in real-time, impactful work and learn about the features of the Pega Infinity Platform™.
You also have:
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle,
- The desire for continuous learning of new technologies and frameworks,
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team to brainstorm, plan, and develop new features,
- Good communication skills in English.
Pega Offers You:
- Three-month paid internship (part-time or full-time),
- Opportunity to work with diverse global teams on impactful projects and initiatives,
- Structured manager and mentor program,
- Flexible work mode: remote/hybrid/office. Our modern office is located in Krakow (Bonarka4Business Center). We hope you will enjoy Pega, relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives soon!
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.