Billing Operations Analyst
Meet Our Team:
As a key contributor to Pega’s Billing team, you will report directly into our Manager, Billing Operations supporting the billing and revenue functions for Pega globally. This group is focused on interpreting complex contractual arrangements to ensure optimal set up of data in our financial systems and accurate financial reporting. This an excellent opportunity to work alongside a team of talented individuals.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role, you will support the billing and revenue accounting functions on a day-to-day basis, which includes analyzing complex contractual arrangements, processing invoices and credit memos in our financial systems, performing controls to ensure proper reporting of financial data and delivering excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Participate in the day-to-day operations and close process (monthly, quarterly, annually) for billing activities to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Assist with the recurring billing of license and maintenance contracts; ensure invoices are processed in accordance with contractual terms.
- Compile relevant documentation and approvals to submit credit memos, when required.
- Adhere to Policies and Procedures; encourage ‘Best Practices’ cross functionally to ensure compliance on all billing processes.
- Support our worldwide stakeholders (customers, business partners within the company and auditors), where assistance is needed with regard to billings and other requests.
- Assist in development of automated systems by performing user acceptance testing of system enhancements.
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of work experience in Billing at a software company
- Proficient knowledge of Accounts Receivable processes and knowledge of how it impacts the company’s financial statements.
- Experience using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ERP systems (SAP experience preferred)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively with a team and independently with minimal direction.
What You've Accomplished:
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to analyze and interpret software contracts Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and see tasks from inception to completion
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
- A growing finance and accounting team on an international scale.
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.