Security Engineer - DevOps
Meet Our Team:
The Pegasystems Robotics DevOps team is a small group of engineers who are passionately focused every single workday on improving and automating DevOps Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration (CD/CI) pipelines, processes, and infrastructure and improving application security.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Our Robotic Automation DevOps Team is looking for a DevOps Engineer with a passion for security. You will help engineer security into existing release pipelines automating the Secure Development Lifecycle. Critical to this position is managing Static/Dynamic code analysis (SAST/DAST) processes and coordinating with product and development for timely resolution of discovered issues. Staying up to date with the latest trends in security and ensuring the processes in place account for those trends is key.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Work with security tooling to help identify security improvements in product code
- Work with collaborative teams in an Agile environment that enjoys solving complex issues
- Work with team members to automate reliable security testing into existing release pipelines
- Create comprehensive documentation describing security findings for timely resolution by development teams
- Be the primary liaison between DevOps team and development teams for all security related matters
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate for this role is a person who has experience with code security scanning techniques and is excited to work with and learn new security technologies. The ideal candidate will also have experience with building automated security scanning and testing in release pipelines.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology
- 1-3 years of experience in DevOps automation and code security automation
- Solid documentation and analytical skills
- A tenacious desire to learn with career discipline and attention to detail being the key ingredients
- Strong understanding of code security and principles of security
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with Whitesource, Veracode, SonarQube or other Code Security Profiling tools
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced interactive development operations environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.