Robotic automation (also referred to as RPA) is fundamentally changing how work gets done. Not only is it saving businesses time and money by automating simple, repetitive, and manual tasks like data entry, it’s freeing up the human worker to focus on valuable decision-making and customer engagement.
As the RPA market matures, traditional RPA and other automation technologies will not only work more closely with AI and analytics to support “intelligent automation,” but will also be more tightly coupled to BPM, workflow, and case management, creating intelligent automation suites that will play a key role in digital transformation. But what will intelligent automation – robotic or otherwise – look like three, five, or 10 years from now? Pega’s automation experts are helping shape that trajectory.
As a member of the IEEE Intelligent Process Automation working group, Pega is helping develop standards and practices for the Intelligent Process Automation industry, including analytics, machine learning, cognitive computing, context assessment, reasoning, decision making, automated orchestration of complex processes, and the management of complex rules engines.
Intelligent automation now and in the future
In our experience, intelligent automation incorporates RPA and AI, but is much more than those. It includes case management to dynamically drive work towards meaningful outcomes, and process management to orchestrate the systems, tasks, and robots needed to get that work done. In the age of the Internet of Things (IoT), intelligent automation may encompass the collective and interconnected functionalities of bots, self-service platforms, application integrations, DevOps, best practice governance, and a myriad of potential connected devices. When AI and decisioning is applied to the orchestration of these various devices, apps, and functionalities, organizations can begin to achieve true intelligent automation.
Truly intelligent automation will enable digital experiences that are focused on the customer, exposed via streamlined self-service channels, and managed as end-to-end journeys. AI, machine learning, and decisioning will constantly learn from and refine the automation to drive more efficiency and better experiences.
Pega is leading the charge towards this self-optimizing future as the first vendor to unite robotic automation with BPM and case management, and is a leader in incorporating AI-driven insights for operational excellence and customer engagement.
Our goal is to help unlock insights and work smarter
Pega’s viewpoint is informed by the knowledge and experience of our robotics and process automation experts, who have been cooperatively working with clients to streamline operations for more than a decade. Our team’s experience is recognized by industry analysts, such as:
- Constellation Research’s ShortList™ for Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
- Horses for Sources (HFS) 2017 winner’s circle for RPA providers, and Top 10 RPA Products 2018.
- Aragon Research Hot Vendor for our RPA capability to leverage workforce intelligence to drive better customer engagement and back office efficiency.
- DMG Consulting leading vendor in their 2018 Robotic Process Automation Product and Market Report.
- Quadrant Knowledge Solutions key vendor in global robotic process automation market.
While we are pleased that our list of accolades has been steadily growing, don’t expect us to rest on our laurels. Pega remains firmly committed to developing further innovations that are directly tied to smashing through silos and making customer and employee-facing processes more streamlined and efficient. To Pega, intelligent automation is not just a buzzword, but is tied to a tangible vision to help the world’s leading organizations accelerate their digital transformation by improving customer engagement and operational efficiency. It means building self-optimizing software that powers self-optimizing businesses. We look forward to working with the IEEE to drive standards around intelligent automation that create benefits for our customers… and their consumers.
LEARN MORE about Pega’s vision for end-to-end intelligent automation:
- Read MWD Advisors’ article, “Pega Robotics: Driving a Wider Automation Agenda,” to learn why interacting with systems apps at a deeper, programmatic level is more powerful than typical automations.
- Watch a short video to learn how Pega Robotic Automation™ can transform processes from end-to-end.
- Discover how Pega’s full set of Digital Process Automation solutions is helping organizations achieve real digital transformation.
- Register for our webinar series, “Crash Course: Robotic Automation Done Right,” to learn how end-to-end automation can deliver real, transformative results.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: As Senior Manager of Product Marketing for Pega Robotic Automation™, Nolan Greene helps our clients create new opportunities for digital transformation and effective customer engagement.