Last night was a blast, hanging out with thousands of guests and grooving to an exclusive concert with Train at our customer appreciation event!
This morning’s Main Stage presentations started with telecom Oi’s customer story of how they are using Pega Marketing™ to consolidate customer info, allowing agents to use a next-best-action strategy to increase conversion rates by 38%. With their Pega-powered, unified system, Oi is individualizing offers and operationalizing one-to-one marketing in a much more effective way.
Then the riveting keynotes continued, beginning with the “Double Dutch” powerhouse team of Martijn Gribnau, Chief Transformation Officer from Genworth Financial, and Saul Van Beurden, CIO of Chase Consumer & Community Banking (JPMorgan Chase). Together, they talked about the importance of delivering outstanding customer experiences, and provided candid insights on their own experiences with digital transformation.
Saul talked about the IT development optimization taking place at Chase. For example, “Agile garages” fueled by Pega give co-located and agile teams the autonomy to create new products or customer journeys in rapid time.
For Genworth’s digital transformation journey, Martijn emphasized simplifying the business model and creating an environment where the customer is in control. “It requires a different way of thinking, working, and acting.”
It was a great presentation with useful insight, including these tips: IT is part of the business – implement as one team; embrace the cloud; and really simplify before you start building.
In another inspiring tag-team presentation, Trish Cox, Senior Vice President of Service Experience and Dan Crann, Vice President of Technology and Service Experience at Anthem, talked about how customer associate and IT groups operate as one team to provide a “caring, effortless, one-touch” experience for Anthem’s customers. Anthem’s Solution Central tool supports personalized, proactive customer engagement, allowing their associates to spend time connecting with customers, not navigating multiple systems. By building knowledge into the system and incorporating technology like robotics and AI, Anthem was able to reduce training by half, increase Net Promoter Scores by 11 points, and empower employees to make their work more effective.
With a focus on the future of Pega’s community of clients, developers, and end-users, Stephanie Louis, Head of Mobile Technology, showed off Pega’s consumer-grade mobile apps, and described how Pega is renewing its investment in the ecosystem that supports the growth of our technology. We’ve redesigned the PDN to create a Pega Communities page that includes links to more ways to engage with Pega software, collaborate with other folks in the Pega Community, and increase your Pega skills. Another way we’re boosting the community is by extending the free Pega Academy training for another 12 months.
Rupen Shah, Vice President of ISV Alliances and Strategy, continued the emphasis on community and relationships, sharing how Pega’s new ISV Program encourages relationships through technology partnerships.
And Adam Field, Senior Director of Technology Innovation and Experience, gave us a sneak peek at what’s in development in Pega, like how AI can be turned on its head to help build apps. In an unbelievable demo, he and Stephanie demonstrated in real-time how a user in the future might use technology like voice recognition, Natural Language Processing, and OCR to create a workflow process, then automatically optimize it using Pega Workforce Intelligence™. Some pretty cool stuff.
Bringing us back to reality, Andrew McMullan, Head of Customer Decisioning for Commonwealth Bank of Australia, described how CBA’s AI-powered customer decisioning layer is delivering next best conversations for customers across all frontline and digital channels. As the number one ranked Australian bank in customer service for retail, business, and online for 50 months in a row (!), CBA is seeing amazing results leveraging tools based on AI powered decisioning – like providing integrated customer service across 18 different channels, or using Pega’s adaptive analytics component to build 250 models in one week. But the most important result is that, by having more proactive conversations, CBA is building trust with its customers.
Finally, Alan took the stage to thank our outstanding customers for their insights, our amazing partners for their support, and extended an invitation to PegaWorld 2019.
Keynotes complete, conference goers took advantage of dozens of breakout sessions in the afternoon, plus demos in the Tech Pavilion, choosing from more than 70 customer stories and immersive presentations, then a closing reception, generously provided by our Platinum sponsors – Adqura, Cisco, EvonSys, Incessant, RuleTek, Merkle, Rulesware, Tech Mahindra, and Wipro. Finally, one last celebration – an unforgettable VIP experience for all of Pega’s guests at the famous Hakkasan nightclub.
2018 Partner Awards
Our partners are important to us, and that’s why we’re proud to devote an evening at PegaWorld to recognize the alliance partners that demonstrate an extraordinary ability to drive customer success, accelerate growth, and provide thought leadership by leveraging Pega’s industry-leading customer engagement solutions for digital transformation. The recipients of Pega’s 2018 Partner Awards are:
Partner of the Year
- Accenture for demonstrating overall excellence in driving client success and business growth across Pega’s applications portfolio, including Pega robotics and artificial intelligence (AI).
Driving Customer Success
- Accenture & Rulesware for excellence in overall implementation quality and demonstrating superior governance, project management, and DevOps capabilities.
- Infosys for excellence in demonstrating creative approaches to driving growth of a certified Pega practice by integrating Pega training directly into its onboarding program.
- NIIT for excellence in advanced practice development, demonstrating leadership in the development of individuals with advanced certifications and overall additions of certified resources into the ecosystem.
- Capgemini & Virtusa for excellence in collaboration on license sales, demonstrating leadership in increasing pipeline growth, registered opportunities, and sourced and leveraged license bookings.
- Sopra Steria for excellence in accelerating practice growth, demonstrating leadership with new certified resources, and beating certification and practice growth targets.
- Accenture for excellence in leveraging Pega Customer Service™ to help leading companies realize world class customer engagement.
- Cognizant for excellence in thought leadership for AI and robotic automation, driving next generation efficiency and productivity for leading organizations.
- EY for excellence in advisory leadership and implementation for Pega Sales and Onboarding™, driving next generation efficiency and productivity for leading financial services organizations.
- Merkle for excellence in leveraging Pega’s marketing and decisioning solutions to help leading companies realize industry-leading customer engagement.
- Virtusa & Tata Consultancy Services for excellence in leveraging Pega Platform™ to help leading companies adapt to rapidly changing business requirements.
These organizations are empowering our clients to maximize the value of their technology investments while helping them achieve their business goals.
BE PART OF THE EXCITEMENT: