Principal Business Analyst, Financial Services Smart Apps
Meet Our Team:
Our global team provides strategic direction, product management, development leadership and customer support for Pega’s Smart Applications for Financial Services. These applications include Smart Dispute™, which automates the processing of retail payment exceptions and fraudulent transactions for cards and emerging payment types, and Smart Investigate™, which enables commercial banks to automate the processing of SWIFT payment exceptions. Both applications are market leaders and are used to process more than 50% of the payment exceptions in their respective domains. More than 30 global banks, and through them, over 1000 leading financial institutions currently rely on Pega to reduce processing cost, improve accuracy and response time, and enhance the experience of their retail banking customers.
The Smart Applications group is part of Industry Applications Development (IAD), which focuses on developing world class vertical applications that are used by the largest companies in the world to drive productivity and operational excellence.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
In this role you will pioneer low code development of Smart Dispute, using your payment exceptions business knowledge and technical skills to create functionality and differentiating features in demand from our global client base. You will work closely with teammates around the world to define and deliver functionality of our current and future products, leveraging the power of the Pega platform Case management, Digital process automation, Real-time AI, and Robotics. Teams at Pega are focused on collaborative problem solving, innovation, passionate about client success and help customers in digital transformation.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- As a Business Architect in Smart Applications, your primary focus would be on detailing Goals, Epics, and User Stories as part of application releases.
- Reviews developed functionality for completeness, usability, and ease of adoption by customers.
- Be an active member who collaborates to improve the Smart Dispute product and Pega platform capabilities.
- Actively participate and contribute to client success.
- Contribute to sales and service customer opportunities.
- Exhibit a commitment to continuous learning and development.
Who You Are:
- A result oriented individual, passionate about finding innovative solutions to complex customer problems.
- A team player, able to influence teams and achieve progress together
- Detail oriented and a self-starter
- Experience in software development and familiar with Agile methodologies
- Experience in enterprise applications with a focus on business architecture and analysis
- Able to balance competing and evolving priorities
- 7-10 years of experience in Software Development and Business Architect roles.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science/Information technologies OR master’s in business administration
- A mission focused, team players who is relentlessly client focused and demonstrate high degree of accountability.
What You've Accomplished:
- Experience in Banking and Financial Services, in areas such as cards, payments, disputes, Swift payments, fraud investigation and next generation payment systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise in Card disputes and fraud investigations in cards business.
- Demonstrated ability to work clients, partners and internal colleagues
- Excellent written communication skills
- Confident presenter and thought partner
- Knowledge of SWIFT payment network and messaging would be an advantage
- Close collaboration with scrum teams in grooming of epics/user stories, clarifying functional queries, reviewing development artifacts. The key is to accelerate the development of market-ready functionality
Pega Offers You:
- Opportunity to work with world class teams, who are passionate about client success with mission of changing the way software is built.
- Pega offers benefits that are aimed at keeping employees happy, healthy, and productive https://www.pega.com/about/careers/benefits-and-culture
- Market leading technology in areas of Digital transformation, artificial intelligence and 1:1 Customer Engagement
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here or contact (US only) 1-888-PEGA-NOW and/or 225 Wyman Street Waltham, MA 02451 ATTN: Benefits.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice
Pegasystems Limited UK Gender Pay Gap Statement
EEO/AA Policy Statement
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Your Employee Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Rights