Senior Cloud Architect
Meet Our Team:
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Do you crave the opportunity for interaction with senior and executive management, customers and architects while working for a company that is changing the way the world builds enterprise software? Technology Architects at Pega work on many different challenging projects and have a wide array of responsibilities. Technology Architects are working closely with other architects, engineers, and product managers to define the software architecture for new solutions.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
The Technology Architect will demonstrate a synergistic mixture of technology coupled with strategy, and function as a technical thought leader who expresses facts, thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise, convincing and organized manner, and who actively listens, absorbs, and comprehends contextual meaning and the intent. You will be close to technologies such as Kubernetes, K8s tools (e.g. Gloo, Calico, Metacontroller, Kubecost, Istio, Kubebuilder), AWS (e.g. Lambda, Step Functions, Load balancers, EKS, VPC, Cognito, EC2, RDS, S3, Athena, DynamoDB, API Gateway), GCP (similar to AWS), Service Mesh, Opensearch, Cassandra, Kafka, Jenkins, MongoDB Atlas, Okta, Pega.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Work with product management to define, architect, prioritize, and deliver new software product features.
- Create high-level architectural specifications, ensuring functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms.
- Generate conceptual/logical architectures, and risk assessments.
- Work closely with internal and external customers to understand their needs and translate them into clearly defined requirements.
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies and determine applicability to current and future projects and markets.
- Create working prototypes of new cutting-edge product features and communicate the benefits to stakeholders and teams.
- Initiate and lead formal and informal reviews of ideas and technical objectives – promote ideas and practices which drive innovation.
- Communicate effectively with developers, product owners, Pegasystems leadership and others about project progress and risk, presenting alternative approaches and plans when appropriate.
- Review and develop business strategy and technical architecture for integration with third party technologies.
Who You Are:
You are an experienced results-oriented technologist who thrives in a dynamic, collaborative, team-oriented, and cross-functional environment. You are able to rapidly pick up new required skills, and you are passionate about software development and learning new technologies. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly explain complex business and technical topics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
What You've Accomplished:
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience with at least 4 years of experience designing software or infrastructure solutions as an Architect.
- Experience with cloud technologies, one of following: AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Advanced proficiency in Kubernetes platform, demonstrating a deep understanding of its architecture and components.
- Extensive experience in successfully deploying and managing microservices within a Kubernetes environment.
- Good understanding of applications in clustered deployments and distributed systems.
- Experience managing or delivering product and/or projects to large-scale enterprises.
- Knowledge of service mesh concepts and it’s architecture and applications.
- Experience deploying software in containers like Docker.
Nice to have qualifications:
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM.
- Knowledge in Core Java and J2EE technologies, or Golang.
- Database experience, both relational (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB or Cassandra).
- Knowledge of various application servers like Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, etc.
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Continuous learning and career opportunities – internal and external training opportunities, area for own initiatives, Rotation Program.
- An inclusive, agile, and flexible work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other great things with us).
- Permanent agreement and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport, English & Polish lessons, Employee Assistance Program, and that’s not all).
- Flexible work mode: remote/hybrid/office. Our modern office is located in Krakow (Bonarka4Business Center). We hope you will enjoy Pega relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives soon!
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.