Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
Meet Our Team:
The Cloud Ops engineer is part of the Service Reliability Team and is involved in managing and maintaining applications hosted on Pega Cloud Services. This team Has a follow the sun Model with teams in Sydney, US, India and Poland - which working in their local daytime shifts, give coverage 24X7. This team works on customers service requests, change requests, infrastructure upgrades and incidents along with problem managements following the process standards. They work directly with customers, internal teams and stakeholders to drive customer success. This team is skilled in AWS and GCP Cloud, Linux OS, Middleware, Scripting and Automation, Networking, DevOps tools and multiple DB Technologies.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega has enhanced the way customers can manage and use their application, in this role you will be helping the customer achieve their application performance and usability to top notch quality with world class support. Leverage and learn new technical skills being part of service reliability team.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Will be involved in application infrastructure support working in collaboration with different internal teams.
- Will be involved in handling service requests, change requests, incidents, problem management and events and notifications.
- Troubleshooting, analysis and resolution of customers environment issues.
- Ensuring the process is handled and across every level of service management.
- Involved in automation ideas and implementation to helping the team work efficiently.
- Collaborate and communicate with customers and internal stake holders to provide the customers best in class of support.
- The team will be working on Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday Roster
- (Sydney based role - Full Australia work rights needed) (visa sponsorship not on offer, student OR dependant visa applicants will not be considered)
Who You Are:
- 4-8 years of technical and production support experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar field
- Good Analytical skills, Good verbal and written communications skills
- Strong experience in AWS, Python, Kubernetes, DevOps and LINUX.
- Nice to have configuration automation tools (Python, Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.,)
- Strong experience on Linux, middleware App such as Tomcat
- Experience working on Docker, Kubernetes DB, App and Web tier troubleshooting skills
- network troubleshooting skills, an understanding of ITIL process
- Experience with Java technologies and understanding Java/JEE fundamentals.
- Proactively monitor Cloud environments & performance issues
What You've Accomplished:
- Configuring and Managing public cloud environments hosting customer application and services.
- Troubleshooting and analyzing the issues across the AWS, Middleware and backend services.
- Partner with internal clients, like Security, Provisioning, Product Support to align business goals with implementation results.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work hybrid environment - (currently 2 days in the Sydney office 3 WFH)
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Full family Medical and other paid insurances.
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here or contact (US only) 1-888-PEGA-NOW and/or 225 Wyman Street Waltham, MA 02451 ATTN: Benefits.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice
Pegasystems Limited UK Gender Pay Gap Statement
EEO/AA Policy Statement
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Your Employee Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Rights