Senior Commercial Counsel
Meet Our Team:
Reporting into the Lead Business Officer (EMEA) you will be a key contributor to the growth of the organization, working closely with sales to create mutually beneficial, sustainable, and expandable commercial relationships with new and existing clients
You will work within the EMEA Business Office which supports Sales in applying our Go-To-Market strategies to find the best as-a-Service licensing approach for our clients. Your peers within the Business Office are a well-rounded group of professionals that are familiar with both legal and commercial practices. So, if you’re looking to grow and refine your abilities within a dynamic fast-growing tech-company, then this is the team for you.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pegasystems is hiring a Senior Business Officer to lead and manage the mission-critical task of providing pricing and strategic deal framing support to the sales team in the Benelux/Nordics. This involves drafting, negotiating, and closing various complex software licenses, cloud services and professional service transaction, including non-standard government framework agreements with our public sector customers. These transactions are often multi-million-dollar deals with large industry-leading companies and involve time-sensitive, intensive negotiations with skilled client procurement experts or professional negotiators. We are looking for a self-starter who is intellectually curious, enthusiastic about technology, has a commercial mindset and enjoys being continually challenged, demonstrating sound analytical and problem-solving skills even in ambiguous situations.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Lead complex technology transactions, framing and constructing commercial solutions, developing negotiation strategies, working with Sales to creatively solve problems, and with senior management to accelerate decision making by facilitating reviews, escalations, and approvals
- Draft legal terms related to licensing transactions including standard commercial licenses and amendments as well as non-standard and complex framework agreements
- Act as lead negotiator for the company in direct interaction with client procurement executives to ensure that negotiations are conducted in a disciplined manner using Pega’s full offer process to retain maximum value for the company and consistency with company standards and precedent.
- Be a strategic partner by providing practical, business focused and sound legal and commercial advice to Sales, Finance and Operations teams.
Who You Are:
You are an experienced negotiator with a successful track record of closing high revenue, high complexity deals (ideally with software licenses such as cloud and/or service but could also be within other relevant industries). In addition, you understand deal structuring, pricing, and contract drafting. You will strong inter-personal skills and have had experience collaborating with sales executives and sales leadership in fast paced environment. As an ideal candidate for this role, you will have a high degree of integrity, motivation, and a drive for results, without sacrificing customer success.
What You've Accomplished:
- EU Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience negotiating complex technology licensing transactions
- 5+ years’ experience drafting complex licensing contracts
- Experience in cloud services and professional services contracts
- Creative problem solver with a bias for action
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Understanding of data privacy and data security issues pertaining to cloud transactions
- Knowledge of public sector procurement in the EU and experience engaging with government contracting officials
- Experience in-house at a technology company, law firm or government agency advising clients in the government contracting or technology industry
- Fluency in Dutch or Swedish
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.