Principal Cloud Development Engineer (Release Engineering)
Meet Our Team:
We are looking for a Principal Release Engineer to join our Cloud Development team. The primary focus is to design, maintain and enable other Cloud Engineering Teams in the creation of systems and policies used to build, smoke test, and publish software developed by the Cloud Engineering. From development to customer, Release Engineering ensures all software is constructed and released in a streamlined manner.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
• Develop and mentor teams in maintaining the infrastructure build and CI/CD pipeline model.
• Contribute to the further componentization of our infrastructure releases.
• Aid in the investigation of orchestration technology, such as Kubernetes, in improving our IaaS delivery to PegaCloud.
• Collaborate with the Product team and other stakeholders to translate feature requirements into CI/CD needs.
• Continuously improve, refine, and refactor the code base and configuration tools.
What You'll Do at Pega:
• Contribute to the development of a continuous pipeline and/or continuous deployment using Jenkins, bitbucket/git repository and artifactory.
• Assist and provide analysis of build failures. Identify common trends and underlying areas for improvement and performance.
• Work closely with Teams as they move to service oriented deliveries.
• Partner closely with the cloud engineering teams, assisting in research/POCs, sharing knowledge about key CI/CD initiatives.
• Maintain and continuously improve build automation, with a focus on speed, scalability, and efficiency.
• Aid teams in the creation of new pipelines.
• Identify ways to improve overall build execution and process.
• Create Dashboards that make our CI/CD processes transparent.
• Participate in the continual refinement of best practices for source control, continuous integration, automated testing, and release management.
• Continually refine, document, communicate and enforce processes to ensure a consistent and well managed software release process.
Who You Are:
You are a team player who can drive issues and projects to a closure in a globally distributed, enterprise software engineering environment. With a solid foundation in software development, including object-oriented design, Test Driven Development (TDD) and continuous integration, you are passionate about exploring new technologies, have an eye for design and are committed to putting your software development skills into practice building fit-for-purpose solutions.
What You've Accomplished:
• 7+ years of related software experience with 1+ years of relevant Release Engineering and CI/CD work experience.
• Good understanding of the full software development lifecycle, including software configuration management practices.
• Extensive experience with building automation pipelines.
• Very good knowledge of DevOps automation tools (in context of AWS and containerization systems: Kubernetes and/or Docker).
• Proficiency and knowledge of build and orchestration tools and scripting skills such as bash or Python/Golang.
• Experience with source control system administration such as SVN or GIT.
• Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills.
Pega Offers You:
• A highly collaborative environment for designing and development of new ideas and features.
• A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
• Continuous learning and career opportunities – internal and external training opportunities, area for own initiatives, Rotation Program.
• An inclusive, agile, and flexible work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other great things with us).
• Permanent agreement and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport, English & Polish lessons, Employee Assistance Program, and that’s not all).
• Possibility of remote work during pandemic. Later, you can work from our modern office in Krakow (Bonarka4Business Center) or in the hybrid mode. We hope you will enjoy Pega relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives soon!
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.