Senior Software Engineer (Java, noSQL)
Meet Our Team:
You will work in Search & Reporting product area providing core services and capabilities for full text search and business intelligence reporting powering Pega platform. There will be exposure to a bunch of noSQL related technologies used for implementing various data access patterns. You will be using Java/Kotlin, Elasticsearch, Git, Postgres, Docker, Guice, Gradle, Kafka, AWS. You will be a part of a technically mature, well integrated team with close co-operation with local Product Owner.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
You will join the team consists of experienced software engineers who are focused on highly scalable, low latency, high throughput java components that implement various data access patterns and persistency along with ensuring cloud-native compatible deployment model. The team owns solving domain problems in end-to-end manner. This starts from capturing specific assumptions and constraints, then moves to technical design and implementation phase and is wrapped up with production adoption.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Work collaboratively with team members to design, develop, test, and document features, including the design and development of high-quality software,
- Engage in platform level design and prototyping work to identify and define future functionalities,
- Leverage Java/Kotlin and Pega’s platform for optimal development capabilities,
- Continuously improve, refine, and refactor the code base and configuration tools,
- Contribute productively to agile/scrum software development team,
- Identify and create new ideas and improvements, present solutions to your colleagues, and mentor in software development topics.
Who You Are:
You combine creativity and drive with a deep understanding of the industry practices to evolve the core engine that powers the Pega platform. You like to work collaboratively in a team to brainstorm, plan and develop new features.
What You've Accomplished:
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development,
- Working experience with core Java,
- Knowledge of Java threading model and concurrency best practices,
- Object-oriented design (design patterns, clean code principles) and development skills,
- Understanding of, and practical experience with the Software Development Life Cycle,
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures,
- Clear and concise written and verbal communications skills in English.
Nice to have:
- Kafka, AWS experience,
- Exposure to non-relational storage technologies (e.g. MongoDB, Elasticsearch).
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Many opportunities of development – internal and external training opportunities, area for own initiatives, Rotation Program.
- An inclusive, agile, and flexible work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other great things with us).
- Permanent agreement and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport, English & Polish lessons, Employee Assistance Program and that’s not all).
- Possibility of remote work during pandemic. Later, you can work from our modern office in Krakow (Bonarka4Business Center) or in the hybrid mode. We hope you will enjoy Pega relax/game rooms and social/sports initiatives soon!
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.