Software Development Engineer in Test (Java, AWS)
Meet Our Team:
The Background Processing Squad of the Streaming & Large-scale data processing Tribe is focused on building easy, fast and scalable ways to process work in the background: queueing, delayed/recurring/scheduled tasks and asynchronous processing.
Our mission is to let users focus on their business use cases and define required processing goals. We will take care of servers, threads, and other low-level internal details to make sure we satisfy customers' objectives from one side and reduce our operational costs from another side.
We are a full-stack Tribe meaning that we will define requirements, design user experience, come up with an architecture and an implementation, ensure we have proper documentation, and do our best to support Pega customers.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
You will become a part of a technically mature, well integrated team with close co-operation with local product owner. You will focus on quality assurance for the team - applying tools, practices, knowledge and mindset to enable team to deliver rock solid software. You will be involved in quality related initiatives (e.g. coordinating quality assurance related work/strategy). Daily you will be using mostly Java, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Jenkins, Git, Karate, etc.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Collaborate with the Product team and other stakeholders to translate Pega’s platform business domain problems and feature requirements into software deliverables,
- Perform automated and manual tests (80/20),
- Promote test driven development, as well as drive test case design and implementation for new and existing product features, including translating new user stories and features into test case designs,
- Develop, maintain, and enhance test automation infrastructure, troubleshoot, and address issues,
- Operate and support service(s) owned by the team.
Who You Are:
You are able to contribute your strengths to a success of your team, as you value teamwork and coming up with improvements to various aspects of your work (process, tool, etc). Also, you can work effectively when faced with unclear goals or changing priorities.
You have problem solving drive/attitude. You understand requirements and can plan testing on all levels (manual/exploration, integration, and UI tests). You can create both automated tests as well as execute manual tests (when applicable).
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar field,
- 1+ years of commercial development experience with test automation in Java,
- Understanding of algorithms and data structures, as well as practical experience with the Software Development Life Cycle,
- Knowledge of Unix systems and DevOps practices,
- Very good English skills.
Nice to have experience:
- AWS and Cloud best practices,
- Building and operating micro-services,
- Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins.
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for designing and development of new ideas and features.
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Continuous learning and career opportunities – internal and external trainings opportunities, area for own initiatives, Rotation Program.
- Competitive salary on permanent agreement and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport, English & Polish lessons, Employee Assistance Program and that’s not all).
- An inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other awesome things with us).
- Remote work during pandemic. Our modern office is located in Bonarka4Business Center. We hope you will enjoy our relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives soon!
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.