Meet Our Team:
The Performance Team is working to test and improve the performance of Pega’s main product – the Pega platform. It’s a team of seasoned performance experts responsible for all matters related to performance.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role, you’ll help us take the performance of our platform to the next level. This is your chance to get your hands on our leading-edge technology and grow within the team to become an expert in whichever direction you want to progress! You will get a chance to learn something new every day and influence the way our company tests performance of our systems.
What You’ll Do at Pega:
- Develop and maintain performance testing tools and infrastructure.
- Develop performance test automation solutions using both in-house developed tools and third-party automation tools.
- Build, maintain and improve the Performance Test Lab and allow other teams to use it as a service.
- Maintain existing as well as design and implement new performance benchmarks. Drive the increase of performance benchmark coverage.
- Monitor product performance by providing performance metrics.
- Implement and execute performance tests; analyze test results and identify performance issues.
- Provide information about product performance and scalability as well as recommendations.
- Identify performance and reliability gaps of specific product areas and/or applications built using Pega 7. Drive the improvement of identified gaps.
- Drive the performance improvements by making sure reported product defects are addressed.
- Share the progress and present work results to product management and other stakeholders.
- Evangelize the importance of performance amongst the Engineering organization.
- Provide best practices for writing high performance code.
- Provide assistance and expertise to other engineers.
- Identify technologies and trends to improve performance testing practices.
Who You Are:
You have software engineering background and practical experience analyzing performance and reliability of complex full-stack web systems. You show initiative, think and act independently, value teamwork and thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment. Software performance is your passion, you love to improve everything. You are an all-rounder who enjoys learning many new things constantly.
You’ll have these skills and competencies:
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science,
- Min. 3 years of experience with designing and developing high-capacity, large scale architectures with rigid performance constraints,
- Knowledge about key factors affecting software performance,
- Familiarity with software running in the Cloud (AWS), Devops, Kubernetes and Microservices,
- Familiarity with Java, JVM internals, relational database is desired,
- Strong object-oriented skills, knowledge of algorithms, data structures, debugging, profiling and analytical skills,
- Good command of the English language.
Additional and nice to have skills and competencies:
- Familiarity with Java, JVM internals, relational database, scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Groovy),
- Knowledge of automated performance testing tools and techniques (Webdriver, JMeter, Gatling, etc),
- Experience with executing various types of performance tests.
What You’ve Accomplished:
- Worked with complex applications/systems and tested/improved their performance,
- Demonstrated initiative and autonomy at work,
- Worked effectively with remote teams and diverse stakeholders including technical leads, business users, and executive management,
- Learned constantly and improved your effectiveness.
Pega Offers You:
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market.
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs.
- Many opportunities of development – an extensive on-boarding training, budget for conferences, area for own training initiatives, possibilities of working in other global offices for a few weeks.
- Attractive salary and benefits package (Medical Care, Group Insurance, Multisport Card, English lessons, and many more).
- Working in a friendly atmosphere in an international environment - in a very hi-tech new office with chillout and games rooms!
- Feeling the power of social spirit – we support many team and sports initiatives
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.