Agile Business Coach
Meet Our Team:
As a key contributor to the Pega Consulting team, you will be engaged in the planning, organizing and supporting of activities to achieve successful completion of agile projects and that commitments on quality, value, scope, time and budget are met. The functional groups that the Agile Business Coach partners with include Client Delivery Teams, Product Development, Product Leadership, and Release Management. The Agile Business Consultant will act as a galvanizing force within the wider Pega scrum community in terms of building and sharing Agile knowledge across the company.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role, you will coach scrum teams with a focus on ensuring the teams meet their product deliverables within the agile framework. You will contribute as an active and engaged member, to the broader Pega Technology global Agile Business Coach community.
What You’ll Do at Pega:
- Lead, facilitate, and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Be assertive and able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls.
- Operate with a situationally aware mindset as the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- Bring a high-energy and level of enthusiasm to your co-workers and client stakeholders
- Continually be growing your craft, learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Lead a team to be self-organized and bring an attitude of empowerment
- Bring an attitude of transparency to the business about development, growing business trust
Who You Are:
The Agile Business Coach leads by example and has the skill to bring out the best in team members. He or she is not afraid to deal with conflicts and is an experienced facilitator and negotiator. The Agile Business Coach communicates with a wide variety if audiences, both business and technical, and can work independently as well as collaboratively – with minimal direction.
What You’ve Accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience working in an agile technology environment, preferably in a variety of complex project-driven situations, either in a technical or project management capacity
- Experience using fundamentals of iterative development with Scrum
- Agile Business Consultant certification (CSM or PSM)
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Previous experience as a collaborative leader
- Excellent demonstrable communication, facilitation, conflict management, mentoring skills
Pega Offers You:
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)