Senior Software Engineer, Java
Meet Our Team:
"Pega is changing the way the world builds software". We at Pega are providing revolutionary solutions for some of the world’s largest organizations and the most recognizable brands. Imagine going from a problem to a fully functioning solution in production that solves real business problems within a matter of a few hours/days. That’s a challenging set of expectations to meet where thousands of businesses across the planet depends on Pega to transform their business and customer experiences and that’s where you come in.
You will be joining our team as Pega Infinity Platform Specialist fully trained to be a subject master expert in the design and architecture of our Pega InfinityTM Platform.
You will be working with a group of enthusiastic, high spirited, and smart working individuals, who encourage each other to bring out the best to build a world-class product in Pega. The team follows the "work hard play hard" mindset. You will have exposure to building a smart solution to real-time problems direct from customers and scaling the solution to building key features enhancements that enhance the existing version of the product where we use our technology to power many parts of our business. We are passionate about our work creating a difference and feel extreme ownership to achieve meaningful outcomes that matter.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
In this role, you will engage deeply in maintaining core features of Pega platform which runs thousands of CRM and DPA applications around the world. You will be the respected engineer of your chosen area, with complete mastery of your code base.
You will spend your time building core features in Pega Infinity Platform, hardening and patching critical existing defects and enhancing the Platform where required to keep it current with Industry demands. You will get experience working with both monolithic and modularized code, giving you a unique opportunity to compare both worlds at one place. Follow best practices to build clean and maintainable code. Mentor junior team members and work with L3 sustenance contractors leading by example.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- You will start by learning about Pega platform and use it to rapidly build a simple application.
- Learn to use team owned features in detail, which include Queue processor, Job schedulers, declarative programming paradigm, assembled rule cache.
- Develop and enhance features owned by the team
- Experience with tomcat/websphere application servers
- Understand design and implementation of your product area.
- Write code that is clean, modularized, unit tested, highly concurrent, optimized and performant.
- Own quality and maintenance of your product area
- Actively collaborate with Product owner & team members to come up with backward compatible and focused solutions for issues reported by customers.
- Write automated tests for code changes made to fix issues.
- Do root cause analysis for high severity issues, to isolate problem areas within your product area.
- Work closely with various stakeholders such as support team, release management
- Create and curate knowledge base articles and improve documentation.
- Collaborate with quality services organization (consists of experts in quality assurance area) to learn and apply the latest best practices to harden our software.
- Use various tools, languages and libraries like Git, Gradle, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, IntelliJ, Linux, Java, JUnit, Yourkit, cloud technologies.
Who You Are:
You are a skilled software engineer (Java), who can explore, understand, build and debug complex Java code quickly. You enjoy solving problems, you can quickly assess them, find root causes, and provide innovative solutions to fix them. You take quality seriously and write automated tests for all code you write. You are an enthusiast for Java, JVM, and best practices for building software. You are a good team player who puts the team first can collaborate well with other team members. You take constructive feedback with an open mind and work to continuously improve yourself. You are a voracious learner. You are pro-active to take work and exploring new areas.
- 4 – 6 years of software development/maintenance experience, preferably in a product development company
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design, continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience in Multi-Threading and concurrent programming
- Agile/Scrum development methodology knowledge/experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience using: Java, JUnit, IntelliJ/Eclipse, Jenkins, Linux
- Good to have: Experience in ELK Stack, Kubernetes and Cloud Deployment.
Strong interest and desire to learn and develop using Pega Platform
What You've Accomplished:
- Developed/maintained and tested functional, robust, resilient and scalable software built using Java
- Worked with internal/external customers, product owners to understand problems and provide solutions
Pega Offers You:
- Attractive salary, performance based bonus and RSU's
- Friendly, informal and multicultural atmosphere
- Hybrid work arrangements. Flexible working hours
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- A lot of interesting and challenging work
- Many opportunities of development – internal and external trainings, learning & self-growth opportunities (O'Reilly Learning, LinkedIn Learning, }GetAbstract, Udemy, Conferences etc.)
- Hackathons and social events
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here or contact (US only) 1-888-PEGA-NOW and/or 225 Wyman Street Waltham, MA 02451 ATTN: Benefits.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice
Pegasystems Limited UK Gender Pay Gap Statement
EEO/AA Policy Statement
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Your Employee Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Rights