Senior Manager, Scaled Agile Services, Scrum Leadership
Meet Our Team:
The Scaled Agile Services team is a dynamic and passionate global group of servant leaders dedicated to enhancing software delivery at Pega. We support both co-located and distributed development teams, working at scale and creating tailored processes to best serve these groups. If you share our passion for continuous improvement and smart software development, we invite you to join us in building great software.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is a low-code platform for AI-powered decisioning and workflow automation. At Pega, as a Senior Manager and Agile Coach leading the Agile Chapter, you will make a significant impact on our Agile transformation, fostering an innovative and collaborative environment.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- As a Senior Manager and Agile Coach at Pega, your primary responsibility are as follows:
- Foster an Agile and Growth Mindset across the organization, promoting continuous learning.
- Coach and guide Release Trains to foster a new culture that enhances team effectiveness and success.
- Ensure the delivery of significant business value. Implement internal measurements to track business delivery.
- Create and socialize best practices relevant to Pega Platform Engineering, influencing leadership to adopt them organization-wide.
- Collaborate with DevOps, Quality Services, and Technical Program Management teams to address pain points and support engineering teams. Coach and mentor teams, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and leaders.
- Establish processes for identifying risks and creating mitigation plans.
- Identify and address anti-patterns through collaboration with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and self-implementation.
- Develop a Transformation Roadmap for scaling within the responsible alliance/tribes.
- Collaborate with Alliance/Tribe Leaders, focusing on cross-team collaboration and Implement healthy quality and delivery processes. Proactively collaborate at the chapter level for global initiatives, contributing to cross-functional projects and initiatives.
- Lead the team of Release Train Engineers. Agile Coaches and Scrum Masters, promoting collaboration and coordinating organization-wide changes.
- Support Agile transformation efforts, driving the adoption of Agile practices and principles throughout the organization.
- Implement, track, and report agile maturity metrics related to Agile practices and outcomes, providing insights and recommendations for improvement.
Who You Are:
- Effective servant leader who leads by example and brings out the best in team members
- Eager to build strong teams.
- Focused on continuous improvement of self and surroundings.
- Can communicate with a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
- Can work independently as well as collaboratively with minimal direction.
- Exhibits characteristics of being facilitative, assertive, situationally aware, enthusiastic, continually improving, and having an attitude of empowerment and transparency
- Mindset encompasses Agility, DevOps philosophy, and Management 3.0
- First to notice issues and unproductive behaviors, focused on removing impediments and mitigating critical and high priority risks.
- Committed to self-organization and growth by providing necessary data, asking powerful questions, and streamlining communication.
- Can deliver, receive, and act upon feedback from team members, stakeholders, and senior management.
- Impactful, disruptive, and influential, transparent, and open in communication, sharing knowledge, and proposing and driving change ideas to success.
- Engages stakeholders and subject matter experts, connected to local and global community.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree / master’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or related field with 18 plus years of experience.
- History of successfully planning, scheduling, and delivering complex software projects & programs.
- Experienced using a variety of different Agile scaling models frameworks for both co-located and distributed teams.
- Excels in change model(s) and change management in an organization.
- Agile Coach certification/training as well as a track record of continued and recent education including training, conferences, user groups, self-study.
- Experience in training and coaching teams, product owners, and leadership.
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Experience in working with leadership at all levels.
- Experience in leading organization-wide initiatives.
- Proven ability to adopt new agile techniques and enable teams to deliver faster.
- At least 5 years of full-time scrum master experience in a complex environment.
- At least 5 years of full-time Agile scaling coaching experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in leading multiple teams simultaneously.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of an innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment.
- Competitive global products.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here or contact (US only) 1-888-PEGA-NOW and/or 225 Wyman Street Waltham, MA 02451 ATTN: Benefits.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice
Pegasystems Limited UK Gender Pay Gap Statement
EEO/AA Policy Statement
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Your Employee Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Rights