User Support Technician
Meet Our Team:
Pega is on the cutting edge of technology; this is your chance to get your hands on leading technologies and solve interesting problems.
The User Support Services team is dedicated to providing superior, end user experiences to over 5000 Pega users across the globe.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
As a member of the global User Support team, the User Support Technician will analyze and resolve routine to moderately complex problems while providing a positive customer journey. This role will help you expand and strengthen your skill set in a variety of areas, including Desktop OS, messaging, networking, cloud applications, and various hardware configurations, while exposing you to core and industry leading IT infrastructure.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Provide timely response and resolution for internal technical support incident and requests through our Service Management system. Primary request areas include: hardware and software troubleshooting, ‘how to’, installations, and new employee/equipment setup.
- Build rapport with customers, elicit details and update customers often, providing a status for their request and follow up when necessary.
- Use experience and good judgement to prioritize issues appropriate and escalate when necessary
- Image new and existing hardware pre-deployment, setup user profiles and assist with data migration as needed
- Follow established procedures for imaging, hardware deployment, software installation, password resets, media distribution, loaner equipment, customer handling and escalation protocols
- Troubleshoot network (TCP/IP) client configuration and connectivity issues primarily for email, printer access, VPN, and WIFI and escalating to Network Operations.
- Offer tier 2 technical support to other members of the Help Desk staff.
- Document resolutions in ticketing system and knowledgebase
Who You Are:
- Experienced in supporting End User Computing in a large global environment (>1000 employees), with a dispersed global team.
- You provide strong customer service, maintaining expectations of the end user while taking ownership to drive to resolution
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and excel in creative thinking and resourcefulness, combining internet research, historical and documented experiences, and collaboration into resolutions
- You are a self-starter with the ability to succeed independently and unsupervised , communicate and escalate appropriately and efficiently.
What You've Accomplished:
- 2 + years of IT experience in areas of in a Desktop Support Role
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, Applications (Office, Visio, Project, Outlook, etc.) and working knowledge of Active Directory roles.
- Knowledge of Apple Macintosh Operating Systems (MacOsx) and Applications
- Strong knowledge of PC/Mac hardware troubleshooting and repair
- Knowledge of desktop support utilities such as Crowdstrike anti-virus and spyware removal tools
- Knowledge of VPN, WiFi and other remote access methods
- Possesses a range of technical troubleshooting skills encompassing, Desktop OS, messaging, networking, and various hardware configurations
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in IT related field) or equivalent working experience
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.