Senior Principal Cloud Development Engineer
Meet Our Team:
Come be part of our Pega Cloud team, where we build amazing applications for Global 500 clients and deliver first-rate Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions. You'll join a fast-growing, creative group, working with smart engineers and product owners from around the world.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Imagine Yourself helping Pega grow as a leading company in cloud services with our Pega Cloud—a huge scale system and one of the largest in the industry. You’ll have a chance to touch different parts of our cloud infrastructure while working on delivering backing services, with a touch of AI. You'll play a key role in shaping our SaaS future while enjoying an open and agile place to work that values learning and growth.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Create and manage powerful, Kubernetes-native systems using Golang or Java,
- Develop designs for services in a cloud-native environment,
- Explore new tools and technologies to improve Pega Cloud,
- Work closely with Product Owners, Architects, and Operations teams in an Agile way,
- Offer guidance and support to your teammates.
Who You Are:
- A motivated developer with 10+ years of experience, ready to lead the team in a positive direction.
- A fan of DevOps culture who likes staying up-to-date with trends in Cloud, DevOps, and Microservices architecture.
- A great communicator who connects with people and shares new ideas.
- A quick learner who enjoys sharing knowledge and promoting good practices.
What You've Accomplished:
- Gained experience in creating and managing micro-services in production, with skills in Golang or Java.
- Shown the ability to review team work, suggest improvements, and talk with leaders.
- Designed architecture for microservices using Cloud-native patterns and serverless frameworks, focusing on being able to grow and always be available.
- Learned a lot about Cloud technologies, ideally with a view of many clouds and without being tied to just one (AWS Professional Architect or equal for Google or Azure).
- Become skilled in Infrastructure as Code (Helm/Terraform/Cloudformation).
- Learned about Docker and Kubernetes (having a CKA certificate is a bonus).
- Experience with Elastic Search, MongoDB, Kafka, or Cassandra is a big plus, but not required.
- Communicated in English easily.
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for designing and development of new ideas and features.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Continuous learning and career opportunities – internal and external training opportunities, area for own initiatives, Rotation Program.
- An inclusive, agile, and flexible work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other great things with us).
- Permanent agreement and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport, English & Polish lessons, Employee Assistance Program, and that’s not all).
- Flexible work mode: hybrid/office. Our modern office is located in Krakow (Bonarka4Business Center). We hope you will enjoy Pega relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives soon!
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.