Principal Software Engineer, Middleware Services
Meet Our Team:
We are Middleware Services Tribe, part of the Platform Service Engineering Alliance in the Platform Engineering at Pega. Pega platform is used by the leading organizations across the globe to build their complex enterprise scale applications. The new cloud native runtime is the backbone of the Pega platform. The cloud native runtime of the Pega Platform presents interesting challenges in technologies such as streaming, queueing, asynchronous communication, caching, and storage. We build reliable, highly scalable, and highly performing distributed services for the Pega platform.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
The new cloud native runtime has been architected using innovative and cutting-edge technologies in the industry. We are building next generation of globally distributed, elastic scale, multi-model queuing service among other services. It is designed to enable developers to build enterprise-scale applications with Pega platform. This is a terrific opportunity to be part of a very agile team, take on hard distributed system problems and ship high impact features at a rapid pace.
What You'll Do at Pega:
• Deliver high quality software with minimal defects that conforms with the identified design patterns and best practices.
• Work with other senior members in the team to come up with the technical design of their work items and communicate them to the stakeholders.
• Handle more complex implementation or refactoring work with some guidance.
• Take ownership of a sprint / small epic and drive it to completion.
• Take the larger vision or challenge and distill it down with the team into architecture and design including trade-offs required to realize the vision.
• Be a humble mentor and trusted advisor for both our hardworking team members and passionate leaders alike. Deal with differences in opinion in a mature and fair way, helping teams to contribute and move forward.
• Help breaking down the User Stories to Tasks and allocate them to the team members with right skills.
• Collaborate effectively across the team to ensure timely and good quality deliverables.
• Follow scrum practices and do timely reporting and escalation of issues but take ownership of the outcome.
Who You Are:
• A track record of building large-scale, highly available services that solve complex, organizational level business problems.
• Passion for driving continual improvement initiatives on engineering standard methodologies like coding, testing or monitoring.
• Passionate about helping teams grow by inspiring and mentoring engineers.
• You take constructive feedback with open mind and work to continuously improve yourself.
• Flexible and adaptable to changing needs (we are agile!!!)
What You've Accomplished:
• 7+ years of experience preferably in product development field and a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field
• Deep knowledge of OOPS, Design principles and patterns, Core Java including Concurrency, Serialization, Java Collections, functional and reactive programming.
• Hands-on experience in Spring boot/Micronaut.
• Hands on experience in cloud native technologies like Kubernetes, helm, docker, etc.
• Experience with and a thorough understanding of event stream processing solutions (Kafka, etc)
• Experienced working with Architects and Product Owners to understand problems and provide solutions
• Strong knowledge of quality processes in a DevOps environment
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.