Meet Our Team:
Working closely with sales, you will be a key contributor to the growth of the organization and report directly into an EMEA leader.
You will work within a specialist team called the EMEA Business Office which supports Sales in applying our Go-To-Market strategies to find the best as-a-Service licensing approach for our clients. Your peers within the Business Office are a well-rounded group of professionals that are familiar with both legal and commercial practices. So, if you’re looking to grow your abilities within a dynamic fast-growing tech-company, then this is the team for you.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. As a Business Officer will be able to lead and manage the mission-critical task of providing pricing and strategic deal framing support to the sales team, as well as drafting, negotiating and closing numerous complex software license, Cloud and service transactions. These transactions are often multi-million-dollar deals with large industry-leading companies and involve time-sensitive, intensive negotiations with skilled client procurement experts or professional negotiators.
What You'll Do at Pega:
Lead rapid framing of license transactions and negotiation strategy, working with Sales, Finance and senior management, to drive internal approvals for the completion of customer proposals.
- Act as lead negotiator for the company in direct interaction with customers’ procurement executives to ensure that negotiations are conducted in a disciplined manner using the full offer process to retain maximum value for the company and consistency with company standards and precedent.
- Act as role model and point of advice within the Business Officer Team to share and develop best practices around license and negotiation tactics.
- Review and draft software license and services agreements using concise, “plain language" to rapidly resolve contract issues in a manner that is reasonable for the company and the customer.
Who You Are:
You either have a legal background or a business background (or both) and experience as a skilled negotiator with a successful track record of closing high revenue, high complexity software license, cloud and/or service deals. In addition, you have and/or are able to build understanding of deal structuring, pricing, and contract drafting. You will have had experience collaborating with sales executives and sales leadership in fast paced environment and an extensive background in the legal space. As an ideal candidate for this role you will have a high degree of integrity, motivation, and a drive for results, without sacrificing customer success.
US Bachelor’s degree or International equivalent
2+ years’ experience negotiating large, complex transactions
2+ years’ experience drafting complex contracts
Understanding of key technologies relevant to Pegasystems’
Understanding of software revenue recognition
Fluency in English;
Fluency in another language would be a bonus.
What You've Accomplished:
- You have had detailed involvement in deal structuring and pricing, contract drafting and/or negotiating business and contractual terms with customers, and revenue recognition analysis.
- You have partnered and collaborated with internal stakeholders like finance, to align on business and financial goals
- You are experienced interacting with senior management on strategic decisions.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
- A development path to Senior Business Officer
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.