Software Engineer (C++, Reverse Engineering)
Meet Our Team:
Our team works on robotic automation, which is the application of software to automate tasks and processes otherwise performed by humans. Simply, robotic automation is software automating software. Software robots can fully automate essential business transactions through Robotic Process Automation (RPA) or optimize the way people work with Robotic Desktop Automation (RDA).
Picture Yourself at Pega:
The goal of robotic automation is an improved customer experience and operational excellence through increased efficiency, performance, and agility in the day-to-day activities across the enterprise. The Robotic Translator team consists of experienced developers that work with system internals, software analysis and reverse engineering. What makes us successful is the usage of variety of languages and platforms, including x86/x64 Assembly, C/C++, .NET/C#.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Work with unique technology that automates and monitors the user interfaces of desktop applications,
- Research using IDA, Windbg and other utilities to write injected libraries that can be used to interact with customer applications,
- Analyze software while working with variety of languages and development platforms,
- Work with a distributed, multi-national collaborative team in an Agile environment that enjoys solving complex issues,
- Implement code utilizing discovered reverse engineered structures and implementation to successfully automate the user interface layer within applications,
- Perform code reviews for peers to ensure code quality and implementation,
- Assist peers to ensure team success,
- Scrum development with regular stand up meetings and sprint cycles of 2 weeks.
Who You Are:
You are reverse-engineering geek and you are keen on working with many different technologies to deal with challenging tasks. You have a strong understanding of object-oriented programming, debugging and problem-solving skills. You like digging deeply into the problem.
What You've Accomplished:
- Professional experience developing a software product,
- Programming experience in C++ with reverse engineering experience on Windows platform,
- Experience in reverse engineering and debugging tools like IDA, Windbg, Ollydbg,
- Desire to tinker and understand software internals,
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills in English.
It will be nice if you have exposure to:
- Assembly language, specifically Intel x86,
- Windows internals knowledge (kernel objects, threading, etc.),
- C#/.Net (our application is a mix of C# and C++),
- Tools like dotPeek, Reflector, jdgui,
- Robotic Automation.
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for designing and development of new ideas and features.
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Continuous learning and career opportunities – internal and external trainings opportunities, area for own initiatives, Rotation Program.
- An inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other great things with us).
- Permanent agreement and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport, English & Polish lessons, Employee Assistance Program and that’s not all).
- Possibility of remote work during pandemic. Later, you can work from our modern office in Krakow (Bonarka4Business Center), in the hybrid mode or even fully remotely from anywhere in Poland!
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.